What's new

Wordpress Shopping Cart

I am in desperate need of some help please. I have created a website using WordPress and have installed the Cart66 plugin on behalf of a client. The client has also contacted the NAB and set up a transaction account to allow for credit card payments via website.

Now, I am not sure how to integrate this NAB transact account into the website. The Cart66 plugin has a number of payment gateway selections, but I am not sure if these can be used (e.g eway, merchant warrior, etc). I believed that if they had an account with the bank, that they wouldn't also need a third party for merchant transactions.

Is this true?

I would love if someone could explain in basic terms how I can integrate a shopping cart into the website. Perhaps I should be using a different plugin?

Sorry, but I am in the very early learning stage, and find this all very confusing.

Kind regards,
Shelley

Joel

Top Contributor
The client has also contacted the NAB and set up a transaction account to allow for credit card payments via website.

You'll need to clarify this as it doesn't sound like the required merchant account which is one step in the process to accepting credit card payments.

If you're not going direct to the NAB through their own payment gateway, you will need go with a provider like eWay, SecurePay, e-Path, eMatters, etc. If the cart plugin has modules for a gateway provider, that's all you'll need as the gateway will interface with the bank.

I know everybody needs to start somewhere, but I hope you have advised your client that this is not something you've done before?

Joel

Top Contributor
On second glance, I see you mentioned a 'transaction account' but I assume you mean the NAB Transact account? That's a different story (slightly). If the cart system you are using doesn't have an NAB Transact payment gateway module then you'll need to get someone to write one, write one yourself based on the NAB documentation, or choose a different gateway/merchant setup.

Good luck!

Thanks johno69. eWay does support Cart66 plugin.

LEAP, I am sorry that my question wasn't all that clear. I was basically asking that even though the client has a merchant account with the NAB, we still need to register with a payment gateway (e.g. Merchant Warrior, eWay, etc). I am now reading through the NAB documentation to get it a little clearer in my head.

Yes, I am still learning (agree, got to start somewhere) and am very fortunate that I have a very understanding client. They are aware that it is my first time, as it is my mum :)

Thanks again,
Shelley

soj

Founder
Hi Shelley - the suggestion that johno69 gave you re eWay is a good one.

For what it is worth, I also came across www.fatzebra.com.au the other day. They are a relatively new payment gateway
(though I'm not sure if they support your Cart66 plugin).

But what I liked was that I fired them off a question about something, and I got a most helpful reply within 15 minutes.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Would contact eway and ask them about integrating with the NAB, they'll probably be far easier to deal with than the actual bank.

Not sure about the idea of using a shopping cart add-on for wordpress. If this is going to be simply an online store would be going with proper shopping cart software, eg magento.

dave

I agree with Snoopy that you should consider a proper shopping cart. In my experience WordPress plug-ins are okay for a handful of products, but as soon as you get beyond this you will have a a lot of headaches.

I'm currently transferring one of my e-commerce sites to CS Cart from Interspire Shopping Cart and am finding it pretty impressive. You might want to check out their community edition which is free to use and if it works out you can then consider whether it's worthwhile upgrading to the professional version (which is only around $275).

Just remember you can always have (and should have) a blog and a shopping cart but it doesn't always have to be 100% integrated with the same software.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I would consider volusion any cart is better then wordrpess as wordpress uses a lot of resources that it does not need to for a E-commerce site

dave

Volusion has been well and truly surpassed by a number of other hosted platforms.

Johno are you looking to self host the cart on your own web hosting space or are you happy to use a hosted application?

findtim

Top Contributor
A wordpress cart from my research should only be used for a small amount of products, always be sure to ask the client "what the future holds" as they seem to always say " not many products" and once they see the potential it escalates quickly and then you find your cart can't take it.

I'm doing 2 sites which in volve Eway at the moment and hadn't for some time, i've found they have REALLY up'd their service and are veryyyyy helpful.

they also have options as to how the process is done, plus they have a reasonable download help area.

i'm using "getshopping" and "oscommerce"

tim

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Is that what you use for your clients on your "E-commerce Website" package?

That really depends on budget for the $499 package we use several types of carts depending on the client

and what other work that needs to be done data entry etc.

opencart,zend,volusion Interspire etc we can also build custom carts however there is rarely a need for a custom cart

for $499 we use already created solutions if you want a custom cart the cost is a bit more.

I have used Zend on the Majority of sites as it is more flexible then other carts.

Last edited:

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I am in desperate need of some help please. I have created a website using WordPress and have installed the Cart66 plugin on behalf of a client. The client has also contacted the NAB and set up a transaction account to allow for credit card payments via website.

Now, I am not sure how to integrate this NAB transact account into the website. The Cart66 plugin has a number of payment gateway selections, but I am not sure if these can be used (e.g eway, merchant warrior, etc). I believed that if they had an account with the bank, that they wouldn't also need a third party for merchant transactions.

Is this true?

I would love if someone could explain in basic terms how I can integrate a shopping cart into the website. Perhaps I should be using a different plugin?

Sorry, but I am in the very early learning stage, and find this all very confusing.

Kind regards,
Shelley

I find opencart one of the easier carts to use and it also has a NAB transact extension

which can be found here

findtim

Top Contributor
osCommerce :rolleyes:

yes Dave i knw you don't like oscommerce anymore and i AM moving on from it.

i'm just to loyal ! , so i'm searching for something else and experimenting.

getshopping looks interesting to me, i understand that blogs and carts don't have to be aligned as i have been doing that for years but for client self management having it all in one place is a lot better selling point to them.

gotta go....... valentines day tuesday, busy busy.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members