What's new

Wordpress Options

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I have a few sites that allow people to join up and add content, however they cannot add videos unless i allow them to become 'editors'

As an author they can post written content but not add video/code into their post.

The problem of making new users 'editors' is that they will access to other peoples posts and could delete/edit them which of course i do not wish to happen, they also get access to categories which i do not want

They also get access to profiles and pages ..... no good!

So the question is how do i allow authors to add video/code

I did a test as an author on two sites and could not add the video code, it dissappeared when i published the post

I then changed the user to editor and was able to add videos

Perhaps the answer is staring at me but i am yet to spot it

Love to know how to fix this conumdrum

Thanks

findtim

Top Contributor
You need a hack. Try getacoder.com

yes, you just need a new user level created.

i think it would be simple, in MySql create a new user level and assign "privileges" to them

so what i am saying is don't pay a fortune for it as it should take the right person the same time as it did for me to type this post.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
wow, that looks great.

i'm building a website right now where the client wanted a member area, just private info as its a site for a young kids choir so not overly technical so i think i'll give that a go and see how it works.

thanks

you should add the link to the "favourite wordpress" thread

tim

Honan

Top Contributor
I have a few sites that allow people to join up and add content, however they cannot add videos unless i allow them to become 'editors'

As an author they can post written content but not add video/code into their post.

The problem of making new users 'editors' is that they will access to other peoples posts and could delete/edit them which of course i do not wish to happen, they also get access to categories which i do not want

They also get access to profiles and pages ..... no good!

So the question is how do i allow authors to add video/code

I did a test as an author on two sites and could not add the video code, it dissappeared when i published the post

I then changed the user to editor and was able to add videos

Perhaps the answer is staring at me but i am yet to spot it

Love to know how to fix this conumdrum

Thanks
G'day mate
Here you go :http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

which saves me adding another post, last year when i first started with wordpress my sites got hacked and i lost them all, honan explained i could have exported via the tools section for when stuff like this happens. Later on i did a test with another site only to find that the file i had exported was too big to upload so i would have been in trouble again.

I am about to have a look at the link you have supplied but before i look into it i am wondering if it applies to the export files as well ??

Many thanks !

johno69

Top Contributor
I am about to have a look at the link you have supplied but before i look into it i am wondering if it applies to the export files as well ??

I think it will.

The php.ini option is what I use all the time. Quick and easy.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member