What's new

Wordpress Issues

Webfunk

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

So I've finally taken it upon myself to learn Wordpress. One issue I can't seem to work out is how to call a css file for a specific page...

Currently, I have one main style.css file and that is called using...

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>">

That works fine, however, on my home page I want different styles in a separate css file. So I try to call it in the header.php file using...

<?php if (is_front_page()) { ?>
<link href="css/JQuerySlider1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<?php } ?>

This does not work.

Any ideas? I am a Wordpress and php newbie...

P.S. I can use <link rel="stylesheet" href="includes/JQuerySlider/JQuerySlider1.css"> directly on the home.php file, but I don't think this is the correct way?

jam

Top Contributor
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/includes/JQuerySlider/JQuerySlider1.css">

Webfunk

Top Contributor
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/includes/JQuerySlider/JQuerySlider1.css">

Where exactly would I put this? I'm trying not to link to a css file outside of the header.php file.

jam

Top Contributor
Where is the CSS file located?
Is it in /wp-content/themes/theme-name/includes/JQuerySlider/JQuerySlider1.css ??

Webfunk

Top Contributor
Where is the CSS file located?
Is it in /wp-content/themes/theme-name/includes/JQuerySlider/JQuerySlider1.css ??

Yes that's right, however simply linking to it like that would have it load on every single page, whereas I only want this particular css file to load on 1 specific page (home.php)

jam

Top Contributor
<?php if( is_front_page() || is_home() ) { ?>
<?php } ?>

Any question you have will be answered in http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page so make sure you have a look and learn.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo