1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

WordFence Cache

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by Christopher, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Christopher

Christopher Membership: Community

Its been a while since I actually needed to be on the backend of one of my sites, updates have been auto applied, and i use an external management site, but I didn't know this, so making people aware just incase you didn't know too. But since version 6.2.1 Wordfence dropped caching support, and recommended using something else. I have a solution which I'll install, wp-rocket which is an awesome caching plugin for WordPress if you haven't used it.

More can be read about why they decided to drop this.
    https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/10/removing-falcon-cache-wordfence-heres-need-know/

2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I had negative results using their caching anyway, so turned it off on all sites from the start.

Christopher likes this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Membership: Community

Yeah, i'm not one for using an all in one solution, like to use products for their strengths, Keep security seperate to caching. I personally use WP Rocket for caching, and love it.