What's new

woolworths-plays-with-daily-deals

aus11

Top Contributor
This looks about as good as Gerry Havey's attempt. The site looks tacky and much do busy for a daily deal site, and their main offer today is a 20% off. You would think they would start with some decent offers to get the ball rolling?

findtim

Top Contributor
Billy01 thanks for posting, it just shows us all that now matter how much money you have as a compnay you can STILL produce a crap looking website !

I think the design is THE concept, make it look cheap and nasty and people will believe they are getting a better deal eg " NQR stores"

but it works

LOL, my wife comes home to day with another bunch of crap purchases !!! and holds up a dress for our little 4 yr old and says " guess how much? " so i say " $15" and she says "30% off" and i say "so how much is that?" and she says "30% off !!!! " .............. do you think i know how much it cost? NO. just that it was 30% off

30% off $1000 for a dress isn't a bargain, but i'm sure it was 30% off maybe $15 but haven't a clue why "$10.00 " couldn't be the answer to my question !

The moral: different people respond in different ways and the website should "talk" to the potential customer and if that potential customer is poor then thats the way it should look, if its rich then thats how it should look.

gerry harvey's target market is the poor, thats why he does the 24+ months interest free etc, the poor want what the rich have and gerry provides it interest free NOW NOW, the poor don't save, don't budget and can't wait till they have enough money to buy, thats why his site looks the way it does.

GEmoney charge him a small fee, charge the poor a montly account cost and HOPE they do not pay it off so they end up with a 27% credit card, win win, gerry gets his money upfront and has no hassles with debt. thats why the guy is a billionaire.

tim

James

Top Contributor
But the thing is its a deals site it is meant to look on the "cheaper" side as that is the market is targeting.

I remember seeing research into having a really professional website and selling a cheap product compared with having a cheaper looking site and cheap product.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member