• I will wait and see

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • What's Google?

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

findtim

Top Contributor
nice thread start spacey, its gonna happen so lets drop our egos and talk about it.

I think just like MANY people are now chasing the "responsive design" boat ( me included ) this is another boat that does need attention.

micro information, micro apps, I think we are already behind the 8 ball on this one.

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
WIll you buy the google glass when it's at your local gadget store?

Not likely.

nice thread start spacey, its gonna happen so lets drop our egos and talk about it.

What has it got to do with ego? I don't think people are interested in this technology yet. It's like mounting a smart phone on your head. Why would I do that when I can put it in my pocket?

findtim

Top Contributor
ego: honestly, i think faster then i can type...sorry... so i don't often get my point across properly.

i really don't think i can explain what i meant by ego and relate it to your statement in words of
It's like mounting a smart phone on your head. Why would I do that when I can put it in my pocket?

absolutely NO offense to you ashman, its just i have been researching this and it IS something to pay attention to and not disregard IMO.

from a web dev point of view i think its the next big change.

how it affects domaining? i'm not sure except i strongly believe every ones portfolios are going up in value, EMD's are BACK BIG TIME as the google glass will work from the users desire and location.

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Buy all accounts the technology is still a little bit green. However, once it matures and becomes more flexible I would be interested in working with Glass, or something similar.

asantha

Top Contributor
I think i will buy
Ppl buying smart watches and talking to it, why not a glass
Hopefully it wont be same as google plus

Shane

Top Contributor
I think they'll take quite a long time to catch on with the average man on the street.

Sticking a smart phone in your pocket, or even wearing a smart watch, isn't really a big deal. But wearing those glasses in their current form, I think that will be a geeks-only thing for quite some time.

You definitely won't see me wearing them around, and I won't be in any rush to make my sites 'glass-friendly'.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think they'll take quite a long time to catch on with the average man on the street.

Sticking a smart phone in your pocket, or even wearing a smart watch, isn't really a big deal. But wearing those glasses in their current form, I think that will be a geeks-only thing for quite some time.

You definitely won't see me wearing them around, and I won't be in any rush to make my sites 'glass-friendly'.

Perhaps it will be like when mobile phones first appeared and people pretended they were on a call to look important (then the phone actually rang) yes there will be some ego involved for those kinda folk. I think the smart eyewear market will be huge but these first awkward steps will just break the ice. I think down the road when a pair of sunglasses can be activated for 'whatever purpose' is when we are getting closer. For people with eyesight problems these will help and be a handy tool …. for travellers these will help and be a handy tool ….. for etc etc ….. these will help and etc etc

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
interesting idea but why is google doing these kind of things? sorry for the pun but it seems unfocused from a business point of view.

tim

Not at all. Google's mission is to "organise the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful". If they can get people wearing these glasses it will be a great platform to mine information from, and deliver advertising to.

Just look at Android - that was a genius move, as it ensured Google remained relevant in the smart phone era, plus it nearly killed Microsoft.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I think the product has merit, but I think their uptake will be somewhat similar to smartphones...

I'll probably wait a year or two before looking into it more seriously.

helloworld

Top Contributor
When can I get one ??? Definitely would like to get one and more interested than a tablet... Which I don't yet own

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member