1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Is Domaining Overlooked ?

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by DnEbook, Oct 16, 2009.

?

Why is domaining overlooked by investors ?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2010.
  1. Realestate is more solid ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stock Market is more Liquid ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABN restrictions make it too hard ?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Lack of knowledge ?

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

In a world of investor hungry people i wonder why domaining is overlooked ?

.... your views please

2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    It's just not understood by most people. That's both a good and a bad thing for us (good if we're growing our portfolios, bad if we're selling on running a domain related service).

Not sure if i've posted before but have a look at this thread I started here http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15668 on an investment forum. Interesting to see the suspicion from these seasoned investors.

3. soj

soj Founder

That was pretty crazy, I can't believe these people, some are interested (albeit lack the knowledge), but it seems most are just so sceptical on it as a money making venture.

I really couldn't believe some of the stuff that I was reading.

4. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

i had a read , it seems while david was away making a cup of tea they all turned on him !

Yet they happily throw money at the stock market ..... and watch it go up and then down , i am thinking it might have been a down day for some of them ?

Yes its our cake ! i think david should give debitcard.com.au to me , i have an anz account , i think domaining is more fun and doesn't cost $500 minimum entry