1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Why ccTLDs Should Not Be an Automatic Choice for International Websites

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by James, Jun 21, 2015.

1. James

James Membership: VIP

elbranch likes this.
  2. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    james, you always post great content, and i always try to take time to read it as i know you don't put worthless content links but this is a waste of time reading, sorry, that guy shouldn't have wasted his time writing it , there's no good info in it and even you don't agree with it.
    that article is a piece of S**T

the guy has got it all back the front, as i have said " if you are dubbodentist have the .com.au, if your are sydney / cairns / gold coast then have the .com" but if you can ..........sydney / cairns / gold coast ...... have both so you don't have google deciding your destiny.
    thats the whole article, the rest of it is just a waste of space IMO

i think google has "got it right" right now, they have now focused on countries, geo targeting, and got back to EMD's with VALID local content , panda and penguin cleaned out the rubbish and we are now on the road ahead IMO.
    this article suggesting that ccTlds will not outrank a gtld ( in a pie chart ) is silly, surely everyone knows by now that its CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT and that a cctld HELPS.

content content.........: something i know you agree with james.

tim