1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are domains still listed when I have transferred them?

Discussion in 'Drop.com.au' started by aus11, Apr 17, 2012.

1. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP

This isn't exclusively with Drop (also found the same thing with NetRegistry), but just had a question.

Why are domains that I have transferred to another domain registrar still listed in my account as domains I own? And is there a way to remove them?

2. BenWalker

BenWalker Membership: Community

Tell them to refresh the list via support ticket.

If there is any other way...would love to hear too!

3. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

WHMCS, the system they use, doesn't do it automatically. You'd need to contact them and ask them to manually remove them from your domains list.

4. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

A daily script should update the status of domains that are no longer with us to “cancelled”. If you find that domains that have been transferred out are still showing as “active” please contact support(at)drop.com.au and we’ll fix this up for you.

Andrew

5. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

I think aus11 was asking for them to be completely removed from the list. Changing the domain status to cancelled (which as stated happens automatically via a cron job) doesn't remove it from the clients domain list.

I'm sure you already know how, but for those with WHMCS that don't, there are a number of easy ways to do it. Removing the domains from the client's account is the quickest way. You can also change CSS display attribute to none for the clientareatableterminated row class. In clientareadomains.tpl you can also update the foreach tag to simply not output the expired/cancelled domains to the array.

Hope that helps.

6. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Hi Joel,

Essentially non-active domains are not displayed in Drop.com.au.

Within a Drop customer's account the default view in "My Domains" shows "Not cancelled or expired". You have to select the "Only cancelled or expired" filter to view non-active domains.

Andrew