1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Why $10K is cheap for a domain

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Cooper Mills DomainLawyer, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Someone recently tweeted me a link to this older article that I wanted to share - really nicely put by the author ARTICLE HERE

AlexRav likes this.
  2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

An article like this could only be written by a domainer. The comment that "most domain names sell for around $5,000 to $20,000" is complete balls, most sell for $9.

3. James

James Membership: VIP

Good to see a positive article about domains from a news publisher, comparison with billboards is a good one =) Agree with Snoopy most do not sell in that range just good too see a positive article =) Good one to send to a potential end user when you are trying to sell a domain ;)

4. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    don't let the truth get in the way of a good story! You are right though, and I wouldn't pay that for many of the domains that people are buying on the drops these days

Rhythm likes this.
  5. AlexRav

AlexRav Membership: Community

Cheers for the article, interesting read