What's new

Whoopsies

Chris.C

Top Contributor
:D

Don't I feel like the fool.

The new NF After Market Auction was started today and I have a couple of domains up for sale in it. Basically I have a few domains that I bought 12 - 18 months ago that I haven't got around to developing and since the AdWords KST was updated a few months back the metrics of these keyword based domains has dropped significantly to the point where I felt it may no longer be profitable to develop them using my business model, but I figured some of them still might have some value to someone else so I'll throw em up for sale on the NF AMA.

Anyway, it's the first time I have listed any domains for sale via NF's AMA so I went to check out the listings and I saw one of my domains listed as:

LaserjetPrinter.com.au

And I went to myself "ah bugger - that should have been listed as LaserJetPrinter.com.au" so people know to look up "Laser Jet Printer" not "Laserjet Printer" when doing their keyword research.

So I am about to PM David to ask him if he'd change the listing, but just before I started the message I went to the Googles KST and type in both the terms and realise it's not Net Fleet that's messed up it's me!

:eek:

"laserjet printer" - $4.63 - 1,900
"laser jet printer" - $5.51 - 46

So here I was thinking that the domain was a term that only got 46 phrase searches a month, which for me doesn't justify me developing, when in actual fact it gets 1900 a month!

:eek:

I wouldn't have put it up for sale had I known... and now I'm packing it that some lucky bugger might be able to pick it up for a song when it's only available for sale due to my stupidity.

paz

haha...

Accident....or some clever tactics to get your name some attention on the aftermarket? :p

snoopy

Top Contributor
I wouldn't have put it up for sale had I known... and now I'm packing it that some lucky bugger might be able to pick it up for a song when it's only available for sale due to my stupidity.

You are aware of the trademark issues? Not sure people will pay much because of that.

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Accident....or some clever tactics to get your name some attention on the aftermarket? :p
I assure you it was an honest accident. Surely it's obvious how it was an accident. I just posted it because I thought it was funny.

Plus I have 3 other domains up for sale that I haven't mentioned. Not that it should be necessary but if anyone was I'm sure David would be happy to confirm that I have other domains for sale in the auction that I'm not plugging!

You are aware of the trademark issues? Not sure people will pay much because of that.
I wasn't aware of that - no. I just assumed Laserjet was a generic type of printer not a brand.

Might be a case of a double whoopsies, though I did notice that iphonecases.com.au received bids in the last NF AMA. So it seems that there are buyers willing to invest in domains with brands in them.

I personally have bought and developed domains with trademarked brands in them before, but not even I would tempt fate with an trademarked Apple term. Apple have a bad reputation for scaring domain owners.

:D

Last edited:

paz

I assure you it was an honest accident. Surely it's obvious how it was an accident. I just posted it because I thought it was funny.

Plus I have 3 other domains up for sale that I haven't mentioned. Not that it should be necessary but if anyone was I'm sure David would be happy to confirm that I have other domains for sale in the auction that I'm not plugging!

Relax...I'm kidding :)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Relax...I'm kidding :)
LOL I re-read what I wrote and was thinking to myself - why the hell do I even care - even if I was plugging it (though I wasn't) it's a domain name forum we all plug our names all the time anyway.

It's probably more unusual that I don't.

Truth me told, I'm over the fact that I messed up - I'm actually quite interested to see how it goes now.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo