What's new

Which Ones

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I getting WsTv.Com.Au up and started and will be adding videos about different website publishing platforms, can i have some suggestions of what to include

Example:: wordpress, joomla and drupal

What else is out there i wonder ??

Many thanks in advance

Honan

Top Contributor
I getting WsTv.Com.Au up and started and will be adding videos about different website publishing platforms, can i have some suggestions of what to include

Example:: wordpress, joomla and drupal

What else is out there i wonder ??

Many thanks in advance
Notepad

findtim

Top Contributor

Notepad ! why would you bother?

i'm going to assume you mean creating your own custom CMS from a blank page?

if so yippee as i get soooo many clients who have been SOLD custom CMS's and can't work them or everytime they need something done its a massive charge as all you have is a company that you have to keep going back to whereas wordpress etc you have millions of people working on making them better.

tim

Ash

Top Contributor
I've used 'CushyCMS' on a client's site in the past. From what I remember it was fairly easy to set up and allows the client to edit their site, even if it was not originally set up on a cms.

You could also check out Open Source CMS Demos (good for user reviews and links to CMS demo pages) and CMS Matrix (good for comparing the features of each CMS).

findtim

Top Contributor
just got off the phone to a new client who i setup a WP website with blog, i showed him how to log in as a member ( not admin) so he has restricted left tabs.

i said "on the left you will see POSTS, roll over that and it says ADD NEW, then just create a title and write your post"

his reply " I think we need something simpler then that " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just replied " over 50million people use it succesfully every day, its as easy as it gets "

http://en.wordpress.com/stats/

tim

Honan

Top Contributor
just got off the phone to a new client who i setup a WP website with blog, i showed him how to log in as a member ( not admin) so he has restricted left tabs.

i said "on the left you will see POSTS, roll over that and it says ADD NEW, then just create a title and write your post"

his reply " I think we need something simpler then that " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just replied " over 50million people use it succesfully every day, its as easy as it gets "

http://en.wordpress.com/stats/

tim
You could make it simpler by removing everything in the panel screen options except quick post and do a URL forward to there using a URL like dn/whatever.
I have also found that using a plugin to replace the WP with the clients brand name on the panel makes it less intimidating.
Eliminate the login step as it will prompt login anyway

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members