What's new

Which city pays the most?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Average incomes in the far north city of Townsville increased a whopping 46% between 2006 and 2011, according to an Australian government report.

//////////////

Think I'd rather dodge bombs driving a truck in Afghanistan.

neddy

Top Contributor
Think I'd rather dodge bombs driving a truck in Afghanistan.

Another well thought out and researched comment Snoopy. One could expect no less from you. ;)

Being a major Australian Defence Force city (and a very proud one at that), there are many locally based soldiers and Air Force personnel who try and do just that when they are on deployment.

As to the original comment about income, that revolved around mining - the FIFO (fly in; fly out) workers based in Townsville who work in mines and oil fields in QLD and WA. A lot of that has fallen on its arse now, so expect to see that stat diminish.

findtim

Top Contributor
i like townsville, i use to go to townsville 6 times a year on business, couldn't live there but happy to visit often, the foreshore is great, great restaurants, good entertainment precincts ( have the fixed the mall yet) ?

all the business people i have met are happy and making money, they say its the capital of NQ and it operates like it is.

tim

seamus

Canberra,

Either you are working for fed gov who almost always pay well, or you are working in the private sector which also pays well because they are competing against fed gov for workers.

Regards,
Seamus

findtim

Top Contributor
canberra: great place to buy a car, people drive and get a job almost always with a gov or company car, super cheap cars.

want to but a super cheap semi dud car.... cairns & darwin, backpackers leaving for other countries, you can get a car with 6 months rego for @ $100

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Darwin has some very big projects on at the moment, with the new gas plant, employing a lot of people. Big money involved.

I wonder if they need domainers onsite? :D

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members