What's new

When is the best time to post to social media?

mjonezy

Hey everyone,

I just thought i'd share an article that a came across which gives a bit more data to answer the title question:

http://blog.bitly.com/post/22663850994/time-is-on-your-side

The article is from last year, but it does happen to exactly mirror what i have read else where with other studies.

I am running a few trials now using Buffer and ditching using Hootsuite's auto-schedule and the posting function within IFTTT (it was posting too many, too quickly)

I'll let you know how it all goes.

On a side note, does anyone know of any platforms that post to Google Plus well? The only one i have found is hootsuite, but i am having problems with the rss feed function.

chris

Top Contributor
Thanks for sharing, interesting stuff and as you say consistent with other studies. I'd be interested to know how the auto-schedule goes.

Sendible now supports Google+, but not sure at what level since I'm not using them at the moment.

Cheers,
Chris

Alex

Top Contributor
Thanks for the update. If using photos from a mobile phone I recommend Instagram w/ IFTTT and possibly Tumblr.

OLechat

SEOmoz's FollowerWonk tool shows times during which your Twitter followers are most active. Very useful to schedule Buffer send times.
The sad truth for Facebook is that no posting time will ever be as optimal as spending money on a promotion. It's a powerful platform, but it's basically operating on a freemium model now, and the free version just isn't worth using for me.

James

Top Contributor
SEOmoz's FollowerWonk tool shows times during which your Twitter followers are most active. Very useful to schedule Buffer send times.
The sad truth for Facebook is that no posting time will ever be as optimal as spending money on a promotion. It's a powerful platform, but it's basically operating on a freemium model now, and the free version just isn't worth using for me.

Depends what type of user base you are working with on Facebook you can still roll out some very decent tactics on Facebook pages to drive interaction but you need a good base to start with.

Also I have noticed it is different by the type of business you have some businesses might work better during lunch to do posts, some are better at night it is all testing and using tools like Followerwonk =)

Honan

Top Contributor
Regarding Facebook, it appears to be better to use schedule posts on a business page and schedule a weeks worth at exactly the same time mon to friday. The logic is that ppl may check their FB at the same time daily hoping for some gem from your business page. Right?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member