What's new

What's Your Preferred Domain Prefix/Suffix?

aus11

Top Contributor
Say the keyword domain you are looking for is taken (both .com.au & .net.au), do any of you have a prefix or suffix that they regularly use?

For example say you want CarParts.com.au but it and the .net.au are taken, would you reg:

- carpartsHUB
- BUYcarparts
- carpartsHQ (short for headquarters - probably more relevant in the US).

I know from a domaining point of view just the keyword would be most valuable, but say you are planning to develop a site around a keyword - is there any one that you regularly use?

johno69

Top Contributor
It depends a lot on the market.

I have a few "Find" domains, but they are specific to what my sites are.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Obvious prefixes you could use for most domains with be i and e - eg iCarParts.com.au sounds pretty good

'My' can work well in some cases - MyCarParts.com.au for example

However if you are looking hard at SEO, it might be worth adding another specific KW to the domain rather than a 'brandable' prefix - like what you suggested with buycarparts.com.au or you could go discountcarparts.com.au, australiancarparts.com.au, usedcarparts.com.au. So rather than just add something for the sake of it, you might be able to make it work for you

Ash

Top Contributor
Do Google and others demonstrate any preferences for suffixes over prefixes?

keywordsuffix > prefixkeyword

I.e., is it better for your SEO if the keyword is used first followed by a suffix or does it not matter?

DavidL

Top Contributor
I would say target KW first woiuld be marginally better...

I think it's been shown that in titles and dsecriptions it's benmeficial to have you target KW as close to the start as possible so maybe it's the same with domains itself.

James - what do you think?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members