1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

What's become of .... ?

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by neddy, Apr 29, 2012.

1. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I was thinking about some of my own domains I have sold over the past few years.

In retrospect, I think I sold a lot of these far too cheaply; but hey, we've all done that (haven't we?). :eek:

And so I wondered what became of these domains - and thought this would be a good subject for a thread.

Let me start the ball rolling with a domain I sold over three years ago. The buyer approached me, and whilst I got what I thought was a reasonable sale price, the new owner has turned this into a gold mine (imho).

The domain is prizewinner.com.au - I reckon he has done a great job with this, and must be earning a good dollar.

With the benefit of hindsight, what do you think a domain like this could / would sell for today (to an enduser)?

Anyone else like to share a similar story?

2. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP

The new owner has done a great job with that site!

I remember selling IncomeDiary.com a couple of years back and the owner has now turned that into quite a massive blog in its niche. Makes the $150 I got for it seem a little cheap...

3. dave

dave Membership: Trader

Ultimately it doesn't matter how good a domain is, for anything to be really successful it will need to stand up on the business concept and subsequent execution.

4. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hmm just had a look at a few of my old sales prompted by this thread. Plenty have been developed into decent sites.

www.MarketNews.com.au
    www.SMSfun.com.au
    www.Stay.com.au

are probably the picks - good on the new owners. Far too many still are unresolved or have snoopy's dreaded 'coming soon on them