What's new

What's become of .... ?

neddy

Top Contributor
I was thinking about some of my own domains I have sold over the past few years.

In retrospect, I think I sold a lot of these far too cheaply; but hey, we've all done that (haven't we?). :eek:

And so I wondered what became of these domains - and thought this would be a good subject for a thread.

Let me start the ball rolling with a domain I sold over three years ago. The buyer approached me, and whilst I got what I thought was a reasonable sale price, the new owner has turned this into a gold mine (imho).

The domain is prizewinner.com.au - I reckon he has done a great job with this, and must be earning a good dollar.

With the benefit of hindsight, what do you think a domain like this could / would sell for today (to an enduser)?

Anyone else like to share a similar story?

aus11

Top Contributor
The new owner has done a great job with that site!

I remember selling IncomeDiary.com a couple of years back and the owner has now turned that into quite a massive blog in its niche. Makes the $150 I got for it seem a little cheap...

dave

Ultimately it doesn't matter how good a domain is, for anything to be really successful it will need to stand up on the business concept and subsequent execution.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hmm just had a look at a few of my old sales prompted by this thread. Plenty have been developed into decent sites.

www.MarketNews.com.au
www.SMSfun.com.au
www.Stay.com.au

are probably the picks - good on the new owners. Far too many still are unresolved or have snoopy's dreaded 'coming soon on them

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member