What's new

What to do with my domain names

gjobson

Hi All

I am trying to work out what to do with my 60+ domain names.

I am selling my retail and online business. The company buying it will expect to get the key domains names that relate to the business and online store in the deal.

Its the associated domains I have collected and maintained (some for over a decade) that I want to maximise my return on.

I need to get some reasonable sense for the value of them individually or as a group.

I am trying to work out if I should
a) sell them to the company buying the store,
b) sell them separately,
c) keep them and try monetise them,
d) do a combination of all above.

To make this decision I need some idea of the value of each name. From my reading I know this is almost impossible to predict however any indication would help.

Following is some of the generic names
astronomy.com.au
astronomy.net.au
astronomycameras.com.au
astronomyonline.com.au
astronomyonline.net.au
binocular.com.au
camping-equipment.net.au
cases-bags.com.au
digital-radio.net.au
digital-radio-plus.com.au
digital-radios.net.au
digitaltablet.com.au
digitaltablets.com.au
eyeware.net.au
magnifier.com.au
magnifiers.com.au
microscope.net.au
microscopes.net.au
monocular.com.au
monoculars.com.au
night-vision.net.au
rangefinder.com.au
riflescope.com.au
riflescopes.com.au
sky-watcher.net.au
skywatchertelescopes.com.au
spottingscope.com.au
spottingscope.net.au
spottingscopes.net.au
telescope.com.au
torches-tools.com.au
tripods.net.au
astronomyonline.co.nz
binos.co.nz
leisureoptics.co.nz
scopes.com.au
binos.com.au
canoelands.com.au
observatory.com.au

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards Glen

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Glen,

I'd try and tack them onto a deal with the purchaser if I were you. You basically have an 'end-user' as we say, right there so it could be very hard to come across another like that.

In terms of valuations, bear in mind that net.au's are generally worth 1/10th of com.au and hypen domains probably the same. Hyphen net.aus maybe worth 1/50th of the non-hyphen com.au. So lead with your strong .com.au would be my advice

If the buyer doesnt bite, maybe [park them all (takes 10 mins) and flog them off one by one on NF auction, emailing anyone you know who might be interested. Being in the industry, you might have plenty of contacts who could get competitive about it

findtim

Top Contributor
CSIRO ?

take your time i say, don't "give" them away, i see astronomy.com.au and observatory.com.au as pretty good ones.

like you said you have some good and some not so good.

DavidL is right, track down the end user, dick smith comes to mind, seriously

tim

someone

CSIRO ?

take your time i say, don't "give" them away, i see astronomy.com.au and observatory.com.au as pretty good ones.

Hello,

I agree with the ones Tim has picked out along with telescope.com.au - very good.

I'd get some good advice about value as a group and offer them to the new owners ( have you worked out how much traffic is coming from these?) and if they are not interested sell to others, but that may place you in an uncomfortable position in selling to potential competitors...

I'd do a Google search for such terms and approach those with websites trying to rank for these terms..

Well done, nice websites and domains

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members