What's new

what extension ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
DO you only buy .com.au or are you a diehard .com fan or perhaps the upcoming .tv extension ? i have all of the above , and a couple of .info's
i like the way .com a nd .tv have no restrictions and can be sold to anyone

soj

Founder
I have always been a .com fan, with .net a slight second. .com domains will always be the powerhouse tld. Though with the opening of the .com.au market, and living in Australia, it has never been a better time to target aussies, and pickup aussie domains for development for a percentage of the price of the .com counterpart. Im actually a huge fan of the whole domaining industry and wherever theres money to be made, i know ill try and make the most of it. In terms of other domains such as .tv, it is nearly all speculation on whether these domains will be popular or not, but for a small amount of money to risk, its nearly worth buying up a few domains to keep just in case.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i am starting to see .tv on mainstream television , whatsnews.tv is one commercial i can think and holidaysfrosale is a tv show on channel nine on the weekends they also use the .tv extension , in a world of youtube its handy to have a few , many australian geos are already gone

GilesColey

I have a large mix, but getting into the .TV now, this will be big, check out the number of TV sites on some of the namepro threads, its growing quicker than all the other extensions

Good luck

Sway

.com is by far the most desired extension among companies and domainers.

I personally only get the .com as they have a much better chance of not only holding value but increasing in value as time goes on.

I believe that with so many extensions pooping up all the time, this will devalue most other extensions while at the same time further increasing the .com's attractiveness.

In saying all that the .com.au is also great to get a hold of at the moment as there is so much opportunity still there. With only 1.1 million .au domains registered there is money to be made with the .au's awareness increasing all the time especially among Australian companies.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
yes .com.au is a great cctld ,country code top level domain , i feel its better than .com (here in australia) because it shows that you are local

nameseek

I like a good .com and .com.au. I have a few .fm's .....they haven't really done much yet and I am not sure if they will.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member