What's new

What do you settle at?

helloworld

Top Contributor
So I bought as domain (privately) a few weeks back.

Cost me $250.00
EM is 720 @$0.94

There are huge variations of the term, which with recent emd updates would probably rank for first.

I was going to develop the site, but have decided the amount of work is to high and I can't be bothered.

So I've found a buyer and we are doing a bit of a dance. i.e. emd's not as valuable as they were last year etc

I made an offer, he has made a counter offer, I made a counter offer and am waiting for a response.

So tl;dr

At what point should I say, OKay that's enough. Like what amount should I settle on for the domain double, triple etc

Long winded and yeah, It's worth what the buyer is will to pay etc etc but looking for some pervious experience on these.

I also used Tims "what is it worth to you if a competitor has it" he didn't really fall for it. haha

snoopy

Top Contributor
So I bought as domain (privately) a few weeks back.

Cost me $250.00
EM is 720 @$0.94

There are huge variations of the term, which with recent emd updates would probably rank for first.

I was going to develop the site, but have decided the amount of work is to high and I can't be bothered.

So I've found a buyer and we are doing a bit of a dance. i.e. emd's not as valuable as they were last year etc

I made an offer, he has made a counter offer, I made a counter offer and am waiting for a response.

So tl;dr

At what point should I say, OKay that's enough. Like what amount should I settle on for the domain double, triple etc

Long winded and yeah, It's worth what the buyer is will to pay etc etc but looking for some pervious experience on these.

What is the displayed competition level in Adwords? Value wise would say between $0 & 500.

I also used Tims "what is it worth to you if a competitor has it" he didn't really fall for it. haha

I think that isn't going to be convincing.

It is very hard to get a domain buyer to think their is someone else interested, typically they know you have owned the name for years so the obvious assumption is that their isn't.The only time that has ever work for me is when I've told them the other company & their offer, the name of the person inquiring and their phone number and told them to give the person a call. Anything that is vague or indirect and they won't take it seriously, it is a a possible credibility drain for the negotiation.

findtim

Top Contributor
using the competitor line is good as long as their are many competitors eg: tour boats in airlie beach, reef trips in cairns.

sold a domain recently that had good competition and an EMD, so that BS about them not being worth anything anymore is crap.

exacts 850, cpc 1.92, sold for $2k
undeveloped, no history, no inbounds

it was to the end user and i did use "my" line.

differnet fish, different bait

tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
Yeah that price is kinda where he was at orgianlly, Snoopy. He has a portfolio. I could tell he was trying to work out if I was a noob or not.

Anyway, he accepted my counter offer on the basis he could get proof of age of the domain.

Problem is now that he has gone off and done a waybackmachine search and the site only ever had a dns entry 2 years ago. So now I'm waiting for him to get back with more reasoning.

He has a few sites and a couple of SEO companies working on his sites, so not sure if he has some knowledge or if I am fighting an uphill battle against the advice of his rep...whom he has already established trust/relationship with

I don't disagree with you, Tim. In publishing you would have long term advertisers on week to week basis. The "threat" was always there if they cancelled, someone else would get their position.

findtim

Top Contributor
need to sell v want to sell?
need to buy v want to buy?

thats basically it, if he plays silly buggers with you on next contact then just walk away.

if you NEED to sell it then you are in his "ballpark" so its his rules.

tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
We are very similar in that respect Tim. I don't need to sell. Just thought I'd offload to put the capital elsewhere, not pay the rent.

findtim

Top Contributor
then just pick the price you want, tell him and move on.

see what happens? whats happens will be a learning curve and it will be a combo of a few things:

you letting go.
him having "fear of lose"
him telling himself " oh well..."
him ringing you back and accepting your price.

remember, make your final pitch and then shut up, "last to talk loses"

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads