What's new

What auction site to sell .com.au

ttfan

Top Contributor
What domain auction site would you recommend for selling .com.au domains, and what are the costs involved for the seller?

ttfan

Top Contributor
Thank you!
I'm new to this, and feel I've already made some mistakes and bought domains I shouldn't have, so for these an auction seems a good way, as long as the fees are not too high.

ttfan

Top Contributor
From the Netfleet site, these are their costs:
NETFLEET COMMISSION

For catalogue listing - we charge an 8% commission on sale of the domain. We handle the invoicing, the transfer and we walk you through the change of registrant process.
For an auction listing with no reserve - we charge an 8% commission on sale of the domain. We handle the invoicing, the transfer and we walk you through the change of registrant process.
For an auction listing with a reserve - we charge an 8% commission. We handle the invoicing, the transfer and we walk you through the change of registrant process.
Please note, for an auction listing with reserve, of a name not registered with Netfleet, a 4% non-refundable listing fee is charged at the time of listing (which is deducted from the 8% commission if the name is sold)

1. Is this all you pay?
2. If the domain does not sell, there is no fee (apart from the 4% listing fee if the domain is not registered with Netfleet)?
3. Would most of you transfer the domain to netfeet to avoid the fee, and make the process simpler, as they can handle everything?
Thanks guys!

Shane

Top Contributor
I'm new to this, and feel I've already made some mistakes and bought domains I shouldn't have
Mistakes in terms of them being bad domains? If that's the case they probably won't sell at auction anyway, so I wouldn't put too much effort into it. Better to focus on the domains which were not mistakes.

PS. We all made mistakes in the early days. Best to drop them and move on. :)

ttfan

Top Contributor
There's always a chance of finding a 'greater fool' :), which is why I thought I'd try an auction to see what it's like and understand how it works. If the fees above are the only ones, there's little cost in trying, and I'd possibly learn something along the way.

snoopy

Top Contributor
There's always a chance of finding a 'greater fool' :), which is why I thought I'd try an auction to see what it's like and understand how it works. If the fees above are the only ones, there's little cost in trying, and I'd possibly learn something along the way.

Not sure if Netfleet still has any auction service for registrants (as opposed to drops). You could try Flippa, but personally I would not spend 5 cents on it. If they are mistakes don't add further to the cost. The chance of them getting a bid is very low.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo