What's new

What a great day!

jhellyer

Top Contributor
3 apparent crap domains I own have been sold to end users today.

fishingtv.com.au - $800
kit-home.com.au - $750
managementrightsales.com - $1450

I'm going to the pub...lol

DavidL

Top Contributor
Congrats - some great sales there. Were they on the netfleet AMA? If so did you market them directly to end-users?

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Thanks guys.

Na not on Netfleet, never had any luck there.

Yeah just went direct to the people I thought would need them most. Simple courteous email letting them know they were for sale and if they had any interest to contact me.
Nearly got knocked over in the stampede for managementrightsales.com lol.

aus11

Top Contributor
Nice result! Do you make a habit of contacting people directly or was this your first experience? Sounds like a smart idea.

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Thanks again.

I always go to the end users direct, seem to get a much better result and a better pay day than selling to other domainers, especially with all the other crap domains I have..lol

Mat

Very nice result. Congrats.

Do you set a price initially or do you wait to see if they are interested?

neddy

Top Contributor
I always go to the end users direct, seem to get a much better result and a better pay day than selling to other domainers

I always figured you were a smart guy deep down. I don't know why others suggested you weren't. :D

Good effort Jason.

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Very nice result. Congrats.

Do you set a price initially or do you wait to see if they are interested?

Hi Mat,

They all differ a little mate, but usually I ask for a little higher than what I want for the domain but also let them know I am open to offers...they then seem to think they are then getting a bargain. Worked so far....lol

DavidL

Top Contributor
Na not on Netfleet, never had any luck there.

You would if you listed the domains there then contacted the end-users and pointed them towards the auction. It's a better environment for competition (even on standard listings) than just emailing a few people. Or even do it on eBay - as long as you can rustle up a few interested parties.

Anyone noticed a pickup in unsolicited sales activity in the last few weeks? I've had a heap of offers coming through both via NF and direct.

Sold ltr.com.au for $1,300 (NF) and Rockschool.com.au for $800 (Direct) yesterday, Q8.com.au (NF) for $1,000 on Monday plus getting interest on other domains. Anyone else or just a blip?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
wow maybe the phrase "you can't polish a turd" is wrong.

Awesome result considering the names!

Maybe try your hand at domain sales brokering?

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Great!

Care to explain this one to me?

Sure, I sent an email out to about 20 management rights agents and I received 6 offers in 2 hours....that is all I meant. Usually I only get 1-2 interested parties, so 6 is a stampede. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo