1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the VentraIP forum

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by VentraIP, Sep 23, 2010.

1. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the entire VentraIP team, we would like to welcome you to our new forum here on dntrade.

We're Australia's newest accredited .au registrar, we're also an accredited registrar of Nominet (.uk) and doMEn (.me), and we've spent over a year developing a new wholesale platform for domain name reselling that will soon be open to customers at http://www.ventraipwholesale.com.au. We will also become a registrar of many other domain extensions over the coming months.

For now though, we continue to be one of Australia's most innovative online service providers, offering low cost, high quality web hosting solutions and domain names. Our customer management portal, VIPControl, is the envy of the industry with more features for managing our services then any other system of its kind.

We also have our own Community Forums where staff and customers engage in all kinds of topics, from questions about our services and important customer feedback, to federal politics and how to make a great cake.

Our business is very customer orientated. We pose questions to our customers about proposed new services, changes to our operations, and we respect the feedback that we are given regardless of whether it's positive or negative. We don't get it right all the time, but we always do our absolute best. :)

We're looking forward to being a part of the dntrade community, and look forward to answering any questions you may have for us.

Regards,

Cheyne Jonstone
    Chief Executive Officer

2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Cheyne,

Welcome to the forum! Been hearing some great things about you guys and will be giving you a shout soon about some hosting.

Great to see you here

David

3. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Welcome to the forums :)

4. Link

Link Membership: VIP

Welcome to the forum!

As I already posted elsewhere on the site, I have already had several excellent customer service interactions with VentraIP. We're in the process of moving some of our sites over to their hosting now, so if the hosting is as good as the customer service, then we'll be happy :)

A question for Cheyne - an affiliate program is listed as coming soon on your site - any time frame for when it will be going live?

Thanks,

Luke

5. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Welcome Cheyne,

I too have heard good things.

Bout time someone shook up the .au hosting arena. Australian servers have been grossly overpriced for too long now. In my experience there has been a consistent lack of included customer service when compared to cheaper offshore providers so a big welcome to the forums from me!

Cheers,
    Tim.

6. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Welcome Cheyne,

Good to see another company supporting DNtrade.com.au with sponsorship.

Cheers

Andrew

7. VentraIP

Hi David,

I'm glad you've heard good things about us, and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Regards,

Cheyne

8. VentraIP

Hi Luke,

It really makes me happy to hear customers are happy with our service. :)

We had hoped to have the affiliate system up and running by now, but the development time for our wholesale platform has taken a lot longer then we first anticipated. It is something that is still in the development pipeline, but I couldn't give you any sort of time frame at this stage.

Regards,

Cheyne

9. VentraIP

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

A lot of the Australian hosting market is overpriced for what it is, and at the same time prices on Australian bandwidth are simply extraordinary when you take in to consideration how much content is now local plus the reduction in fees for international transit (which will continue to decline as more competition in the Pacific market comes in).

The good thing is that now we're seeing some great competition from companies like Vocus, PIPE Networks and others who are all competing to deliver services to hosting companies like ours, which has allowed us to be so competitive while not being the "cheapest".

Regards,

Cheyne

10. VentraIP

Hi Andrew,

Some of our staff have been lurking around here for some time, and as we start to grow our wholesale operation as well as promoting our retail domain names we thought it was time to start "getting out of the box" so to speak.

I look forward to talking with you more. :)

Regards,

Cheyne

11. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP

Welcome.

12. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I hear ventraip charges only $39.95 to change the ownership of .com.au/net.au (COR ) and it includes the 2yrs renewal fees!
    Is that correct?

13. VentraIP

That is correct. :)

Regards,

Cheyne

14. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

And I have the lovely job in processing them. :p

15. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

congratualtions on making a start !

16. Rhythm

I seem to be unable to find the link for this. Is it in VIPcontrol? If so, where?

17. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

18. Rhythm

Thanks, in retrospect I should have used Google, but I forgot Google existed. Funny that.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011