What's new

Weird Snapper Bid History.

logicstorm

Top Contributor
I've noticed something weird today about the bid history on one of the snapper domain InvestmentForum.com.au

Please have a look at below bid history.

1) Bidder number 1 had an automatic bid resulting in a current price of $52
2) Bidder number 2 placed a proxy bid of $51 resulting in a current price of $51
3) Bidder number 1 had an automatic bid resulting in a current price of $67
4) Bidder number 2 placed a proxy bid of $66 resulting in a current price of $66
5) Bidder number 2 placed a proxy bid of $77 resulting in a current price of $77
6) Bidder number 3 placed an undisclosed proxy resulting in a current price of $78

In line 3 and 4 above show that Bidder2 has bid $66 and since Bidder1's maximum bid was higher, it was outbid with automatic proxy bid of $67.

However in line 5) when Bidder2 placed another bid of $77, the current bid stayed at $77 without any automatic proxy bid or out bidding by the highest bid of Bidder1.

Normally when Bidder2's bid is higher than Bidder1's highest bid, it should show that Bidder2 out bid Bidder1 by $1 higher than the Bidder1's highest bid but it clearly doens't have any message saying that and just places the highest bid from Bidder2 as a current winning bid.

The only situation this can happen is when Bidder1's highest bid is $76. but I don't think this is the case and also even if that's the case it should show the message saying this is what happened but here it doesn't.

Can someone from Netfleet explain this?

I think I saw the same thing happening on one of the previous snapper auctions a few days ago for the AustralianStockmarketReport.net.au having heigher bid than the com.au.

I think the winning bid for the net.au was the maximum bid of the last bidder but the system just put this maximum bid as the current winning bid with out placing the automatic bid that is $1 higher than the previous highest bid.

Anyway, if anyone has better opinions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Last edited:

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
The only situation this can happen is when Bidder1's highest bid is $76. but I don't think this is the case and also even if that's the case it should show the message saying this is what happened but here it doesn't.

Can someone from Netfleet explain this?

As you pointed out the previous bidders proxy was $76, and Bidder 2 offered $77.
At this point Bidder 2 is winning, and paying $1 more than Bidder 1, which coincidentally is $1 more than Bidder 1 proxy. It just happens to be exactly what Bidder 2 put as a proxy so the whole $77 is in play.

What sort of a message do you think needs to be shown at this time?

The user interface should show the following to Bidder 2 at this point in time.
1) The whole row will go green.
2) There will be a green flag on the right, showing the bid was successful.
3) The "My Bid" and "Current Bid" will both show $77

logicstorm

Top Contributor
Thanks for the explanation Anthony.

This must have been just a coincidence. :)

Cheers,

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members