What's new

Weddingshops.com.au

FilthyCro

Hey guys,

last week I got weddingshops.com.au from the aftermarket auctions.

According to the adwords keyword tool it has 33000 local monthly searches.

How could you value this?

Also how would you monetise this? The only logical way is for a wedding services directory. Anything else you could do?

soj

Founder
last week I got weddingshops.com.au from the aftermarket auctions.

According to the adwords keyword tool it has 33000 local monthly searches.

How could you value this?

Also how would you monetise this? The only logical way is for a wedding services directory. Anything else you could do?

Aah - you're going to be "filthy" when you read this. ;)

It has happened to many before you (including me), but you have got the "broad search" results ticked. You need to untick this;
and select "[EXACT]" instead. There are only 110 EXACTS .........

But on the positive side of things, it would still be good to do as a directory imho.

Good luck.

FilthyCro

Aah - you're going to be "filthy" when you read this. ;)

It has happened to many before you (including me), but you have got the "broad search" results ticked. You need to untick this;
and select "[EXACT]" instead. There are only 110 EXACTS .........

But on the positive side of things, it would still be good to do as a directory imho.

Good luck.

Bah! You could write a manual on stupid newbie errors based on my dntrade posts so far!

But even if it was broad what else would the people be searching for:
wedding shops melbourne
shops wedding
sydney wedding shops
etc

All very closely tied to the topic of the domain.

DavidL

Top Contributor
It does still have significant broad search so there IS value there don't worry. :)

Exact searches aren't the be all and end all, especially when you have a domain that lends itself to geographic related searches like you suggested.

I mean 'hotels' only has 18,000 exacts but hotels.com.au would have to be one of the most valuable domains out there (maybe less so considering the discussion here - http://www.dntrade.com.au/aaron-walls-blog-t4303.html)

And, if you are planning a directory the plural is preferable.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Even with low exact search volumes (don't worry I'm sure lots of us made that mistake early on, I know I did and still do) the name sounds right and could work as a directory targeting medium and long tail keywords definitely. You could hit up wedding related categories really with that name, so I actually think you have a good buy!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I wouldve thought if you were making a directory a plural would kinda be useful :p

actually i stand corrected as i did not see the mention of 'directory' in the op's post ............agree if being used for that purpose the plural is the best.

acheeva

Top Contributor
I believe that even at 110 exacts this site can make good money & would be in demand by end users. The high $ per sale means every lead is typically worth good bucks.

aus11

Top Contributor
I wasn't to sure about the domain when you first mentioned it but each time I keep dropping back to check the discussion the more I like it! A directory makes the most sense as it will allow you to target a lot of related keywords.

Shane

Top Contributor
Wedding websites and directories are a super massively competitive niche. My fiancé and I have been doing loads of research lately, and there are more wedding websites than life insurance websites believe it or not!

If you want this domain to work you will need to put in a LOT of work. A simple directory and a few articles won't cut it.

Personally I don't think the domain justifies the amount of work required. I mean, it's just not the right term. People search for wedding dresses, cakes, suits, flowers etc, but there is no such thing as a "wedding shop". Well maybe there is, but not that we've come across in our search.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member