What's new

Website Question

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
At the meetup group on wednesday I was chatting to Chris from admin and we did a test on the frontpage on my site Rat Rod Videos and we discovered that the loading time was nearly twenty seconds so I reduced the number of posts and inserted a "read more" button into the posts
~
The load time in now just over five seconds and here's the dilemma, by adding the read more button, the video which is normally under the article is now gone and to see it you have to go off the front page.......click the link (people are lazy)
~
I am considering placing the videos before the articles and then adding a "read more" button, although I am wondering if this will mess up with the hierarchy of the tags for seo ?
~
Now the site is a .Tv and the purpose is to show videos and information so to have videos and the option to read more is not such a big deal, but does the iframe of the videos take longer when loading ??
~
So what I have done is to make three different post styles, one with a H2 tag and the video, the next is just the video, then the last is with the article and the "read more" that takes you to the video
~
I would appreciate some feedback on the three options, will having the video up top effect the seo and posts ?/
~
Many thanks

chris

Top Contributor
Hi @spacey,

I would look at whatever is going to help your users, so look at bounce rate and time on site in Google Analytics. See if the changes make any difference and go with whatever has the best results.

Cheers,
Chris

helloworld

Top Contributor
If this is a concern then you a screen cap of the video with a play button. When the user clicks it, the new page will open and the video will be above the fold and set to autoplay.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
The question was basically about inserting an iframe into the page/post hierarchy and seo purposes

H1 Post Heading ..........current format for posts
H2 Sub Heading
P Paragraph of text
H3 Another Heading
P Paragraph of text
Iframe
~
H1 Post Heading
H2 Sub Heading
Iframe
P Paragraph of text
H3 Another Heading
P Paragraph of text
~
H1 Post Heading
iframe
Continue Reading Button

H2 Sub Heading
P Paragraph of text
H3 Another Heading
P Paragraph of text
~
I might as well just insert a continue reading button and keep the posts short if i am having the video views taken off the front page, above is just an example of some options
~
The question is about loading time and seo ........ on page and off page video viewing is secondary at this point, thanks
~
The posts have been returned to original format for the moment, i do expect to see Chris at the wordpress meetup tonight so i will chat with him then, cheers

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Chris has said the iframe does not cause a problem when I spoke with him last night, so I may just do an iframe video and then the continue reading button, will be interesting to see the load time difference, thanks all

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member