What's new

Website disappeared ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
While trying to verify vegetarian.net.au the normal header was not in place and i tried to insert the verify code into a template only to see the follwing message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/sexydate/public_html/vegetarian.net.au/wp-content/themes/watercolor/carrington-core/templates.php on line 29

I managed to track the file down all the way through , themes/watercolor/ and so on, to templates and once i got there i right clicked and and was able to open the 'edit code feature'

$cfct_options[] = 'cfct_wp_footer';

include_once(CFCT_PATH.'carrington-core/admin.php');
include_once(CFCT_PATH.'carrington-core/templates.php'); 29
include_once(CFCT_PATH.'carrington-core/utility.php');

So now i am here i am unsure what to do ? should i delete this line ?

I was expecting to see the verify code i inserted and saved (that's when the message came up) ,,,,, and my site disappeared

Should i delete this line ?

Love to hear some suggestions

Worst case is i delete whole domain from hosting and then i have to contact them to manually reinstall the domain and i lose all the stuff i had just started
to do on it and some time

But i thought if i could actually fix it myself i might just learn something

What do you think ?

Thanks

Last edited:

paz

Spacey you really really really need to learn how to access your sites via FTP. Add me on MSN and I can talk you through it if you'd like.

pazstyle aaaaaattttttttttt hotmail

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hey paz please note the ftp was empty , i did no transfer , i was just trying to verify for google by putting

< meta name="verify-v1" content="eCaOPGWB/x5GBRy+fikzXp9PQJgjm/a0MfY8TlWkcjc=" />

I did 5 times yesterday without a problem , then i came across something i had not seen before ? BELOW

<?php

// This file is part of the Carrington Text Theme for WordPress
// http://carringtontheme.com
//
// Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Crowd Favorite, Ltd. All rights reserved.
// http://crowdfavorite.com
//
// Released under the GPL license
// http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php
//
// **********************************************************************
// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
// WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
// **********************************************************************

if (__FILE__ == $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) { die(); }

// NOTE: this file is here for compatibility reasons - active templates are in the header/ dir

cfct_header();

?>

There was not the usual place for me to insert the verify code , and because there was a reference to template ....... i tried that and that's when the site disappeared

Please note the theme was installed inhouse at 'appearance' at dashboard for vegetarian.net.au , you can now change themes 'inhouse' it'a a new feature !!! and it makes it easier for people like me

So i went to my files where the name is hosted and clicked on edit html files and followed the path wp-content/themes/watercolor/carrington-core/templates.php

and then right clicked and deleted the verify file (after copying it) then i tried the site and it re-appeared vegetarian.net.au was alive again

At no stage wa ftp involved ??? although would more knowledge help me ???

Your darn right , but i tried to fix it myself and i did , so i am quite happy !

Still gotta figure out where to put the verify code , so i can then add sitemap

All is good thanks for offer of help , i may just take you up on that sooner that later

Last edited:

paz

if your verify code goes in your header look for the header.php file in wp-content/themes/yourthemename

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
in the end i just changed themes , i did try your option as well , it was just a strange theme , so i moved on , 'it's all good' (as they say iny queensland)

paz

I just read the site and realised that the theme you were using was made with a different framework for more advanced customisation, good idea on changing themes ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo