What's new

website apps

findtim

Top Contributor
so how much for an ecommerce app? loose question I know.

these guys want $2k.

HTML:
http://www.flowerstoreinabox.com.au/mobile/

anyone got a developer that can do this?

tim

Horshack

Top Contributor
It's hard to tell if they are actually just a reseller but my understanding is that the big guns in this space are Biznessapps.com

findtim

Top Contributor
It's hard to tell if they are actually just a reseller but my understanding is that the big guns in this space are Biznessapps.com

thanks, but i prefer to pay more now but OWN, i'm not a fan of monthly payment ideas for plugins etc because its actually a GREAT idea to do that but i want to be the person doing the monthly charging not the paying.

tim

Horshack

Top Contributor
Yep I know what you mean. There's always freelancer/elance and hopefully nothing is lost in translation. Sorry missed your quote but seems pricey.

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
I've had 61 proposals so far !! + 2 phone calls !!!

highest is $8482
lowest is $547

big difference for the same job !

tim

Horshack

Top Contributor
I hear horror stories from users of freelancer etc. Have you always got what you've asked for or have you had dramas?

findtim

Top Contributor
I hear horror stories from users of freelancer etc. Have you always got what you've asked for or have you had dramas?

yes i have had HORROR stories, sacked people, had to wait ages for money back, couldn't get money back, person disappears and won't answer emails, person says they can do it then says they nolonger want the job which puts me 3 weeks behind and i have to find someone else, ....... the list goes on.

but once you get a good selection of people the you just keep feeding them the work, but still look for others.

when that cyclone went through manilla a few jobs just STOPPED as they had no electricity, the next few days it hit vietnam, another bunch of jobs stopped.

just yesterday i was skyping my guy in india asking why he didn't make our appointment the day before and he told me he went away for the weekend and got taken by thugs, held at gun point and they wipped his bank accounts of $1500, then was let go, the guy has done many jobs for me AND he didn't ask me for more money etcccc so i believe him.

another guy went AWOL for 2 weeks and came back saying he almost died from stress and then quit leaving me with a half finished website, but he did refund my money.

many other stories.

you just have to find people and give them small jobs at first and build them up, once they prove themselves then give them the good jobs.

backup backup, as in have someone else with the same skills to fall back on which is what i did when manilla got trashed, unfortunately he was in vietnam and then he got trashed :( , what dumb luck, it was a bad few weeks.

but you know the good ones when yo find them, they are responsive to emails, they are on skype and they know you are the money train.

don't use china, to many restrictions on them.

don't till its done, i use 3rd 3rd 3rd method, i think its fair, they know you are good for the money but want results.

use an escrow, i use elance.com , odesk anf freelancer all the same.

don't use paypal, keep everything recorded in an escrow system.

post a job for at least a week, don't make a decision quickly, research what they have done before, write VERY descriptive briefs, don't get involved in pre-decision skype calls.

delete automated " we can do everything" replies, if they haven't answered your brief then get rid of them.

HA HA, funny, right now my skype is pinging from one of the guys thats bidding.

so i just replied, i will decide once i have read all 61 bids.

so bottomline, its good, takes time, but now i am starting to join my guys up to work together so get a better end product, get the programmer to program, the functions guy to set the site up and work and the css person to design it.

in the end i always get what i want, some are easier then others but i have to succeed otherwise the client doesn't pay :eek:

as i have said i am happy to share my people, the more work they get the better it is for me also as i then can get recommendations for more people from them which reduces my time spent sorting through dodgy.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members