1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

WebmasterWorld.com Acquired by Internet Marketing Ninjas

Discussion in 'SEO & SEM Discussions' started by Billy01, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Billy01

Billy01 Membership: Community

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  2. James

James Membership: VIP

3. smee

smee Membership: Community

Hmmm, snoopy? No money in forums?

4. James

James Membership: VIP

Depends if you have an active user base, and the right type of market a forum can be a great investnment.

To me to seems that the Ninja's are going to develop IM tools and then use the forum user base as an initial sign up base or something along those lines. Think about it if you have 500,000 users and you get 2% to sign up @ $100 a month, that is 10,000 user sign ups (with a potential for 1 million in revenue month on month).

Look at another recent sale of an SEO forum for 60k and it is not even that old:

https://flippa.com/2655736-seo-forum-with-19k-members-80k-posts-alexa-7k-high-revenues

I think people need to read the bigger picture here, with huge user bases it is not always about flooding the site with ads, it can be utilized to sell your software to the user base too ;)

5. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well often it's all about the user base fullstop. Look at valuations of companies like Facebook and Instagram - mainly due to the users rather then the commercial angle

6. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

What did it actually sell for?

Or put it this way, what is the highest price any forum has ever sold for? Compare that to sites in other sectors, then consider how it is likely to be for the typical smaller-medium sized forum. It is something that is done largely for enjoyment, not money.

Its nice to compare it to facebook & instagram but that is meaningless, Facebook isn't buying forums, forums aren't doing IPO's. I've never met anyone who has gotten rich from forums, who has?

7. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I've never met anyone who has gotten rich from social networks or image sharing sites either.

8. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Neither have I.