What's new

Web Video to improve SERPS

LemonChip

Are many people on here utilising web video for the purpose of achieving better results in searches?

The statistics on web video are pretty compelling, even purely for visitor conversions let alone the impact on search results.

It's a pretty popular product that sells fairly well to a number of my clients, and can be produced at a good price point too.

James

Top Contributor
Depends how many products you have some e-commerce sites we work with may have 20,000 products so making 20,000 product videos may not be the best strategy, picking the best selling products and starting to make video from these first is a good way to start. I advise people to make video but the challenge businesses face is the capacity to make video and the time it takes. Take some US companies in the e-commerce section as a benchmark they make 50,000+ product videos a year that been said they have far more resources compared to the Australian market.

Kind Regards,

James

James

Top Contributor
Agreed... it's all about ROI... Video production costs aren't cheap (though they are coming down)...

Depends how you want your brand to be perceived as well, sure you can make video for products quick but what is the quality going to be like.

That been said if any one wants a decently priced video guy for corporate work I have a mate in the business PM me for the info.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Agreed... it's all about ROI... Video production costs aren't cheap (though they are coming down)...

Costs nothing. I guess it depends on what sort of quality you really need, personally I don't think people care that much for most industries & I doubt google does either.

Don't aim for perfection that is what I would say as you'll soon get bogged down, use a regular camera, stick it under a pile of books and press record, do a few takes and upload the one with the least amount of shakes in it.

findtim

Top Contributor
Costs nothing. ...... and upload the one with the least amount of shakes in it.

I think youtube has helped with peoples view of quality video, bad is ok in the right context eg: rotating a product on a lazy susan to show all sides , but if its a resort then it has to be like a tv commercial

tim

Jimboot

Top Contributor
A few years ago we found that the Googlebot would come out after someone played an embedded YT vid on our sites if the "show related vids" was selected. That became redundant after the caffeine update though. I've done a lot of video online over the last 13 years. Here's a free 20 page ebook that will take you through some of the things I have learned. Complete with case studies. http://stewartmedia.biz/webinar/

findtim

Top Contributor
A few years ago we found that the Googlebot would come out after someone played an embedded YT vid on our sites if the "show related vids" was selected. That became redundant after the caffeine update though. I've done a lot of video online over the last 13 years. Here's a free 20 page ebook that will take you through some of the things I have learned. Complete with case studies. http://stewartmedia.biz/webinar/

thanks, i downloaded your pdf as i have had conversations with stewartmedia.... sorry to say i haven't been able to bring you any business ... yet.. but i have always found your business TOTALLY upfront which i like.

i was just checking posts before dinner, maybe 1 suggestion is that i like a date on things i read, ( honest i just had a quick look so i like it at the top of the doc )

other then that all good, thanks for sharing

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members