What's new

Web development Case Study (Refinance-Loan.com.au & Personal-Injury-Lawyer.com.au)

Ross

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

This is a case study of how "2nd rate" domain names can be developed and monitised ... by an expert (Djuqa).

The domains are

1. Refinance-Loan.com.au
    [*]Personal-Injury-Lawyer.com.au
This case study officially started on February 16th at 9am when I transfered the DNS settings.

Once a week, I'll be posting traffic and revenue stats.
From my point of view, if i can make $10 (a week) per site in revenue... then i'll be doing this process for 100 of my domains.

Shaun

Top Contributor
In NSW there are some real legal concerns about using Personal Injury Lawyers and other terms in domain names.

You are not allowed to be seen to be advertising in these areas. It is against the law.

Just a heads up. May not be relevant for you, but it could be...

Ross

Top Contributor
Thanks for the heads up.

I did a Google search "Personal Injury Lawyers nsw" and there are heaps of firms advertising... so i don't think it will be an issue.

With a domain, state boundaries are quite unclear...how do you detect it and enforce it?
Who is going to do it... i'm sure they have lots of other high priority cases on their hands.

In this case it's probably better to "ask for forgiveness rather than permission".

djuqa

Top Contributor
update on traffic

First months Stats
Personal-Injury-Lawyers.com.au - 70 visits (Mostly search engines or Owner)
Refinance-loan.com.au - 83 visits (mostly Search engines or Owner)

Ross thinks that somehow magically because I placed 2 minisites on his domains that lots of traffic and income would ensue. It takes time for the traffic and resultant income to happen. The main reason people should be developing their Au domains is to ensure that auDA does not cancel the name due to NON-USAGE.

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
100 sites... 10 per month

Hi Ross

I make a living from this, so I don't really like to "talk about my own sites" but... keep up... I mean, build in groups of 10 sites.

I own over 300 sites now.... and making a living from mini sites IT IS possible...

I'm going to be honest:

Don't relay on just Google Adsense... unless you REALLY know about Adsense, and to know about adsense you need to know about smart pricing, geo targeting, etc...

BUT adsense is a good way to start.

I started with Adsense and now I pay 80% extra of my mortgage thanks to Adsense... so in 6 years Google will pay my house....

Now, don't forget that: you can always make more money by selling a $27 product that goes directly to your paypal than by adsense.

Anyway, enough... good luck mate and don't stop building.

djuqa

Top Contributor
Hi Ross

I make a living from this, so I don't really like to "talk about my own sites" but... keep up... I mean, build in groups of 10 sites.

I own over 300 sites now.... and making a living from mini sites IT IS possible...

I'm going to be honest:

Don't rely on just Google Adsense... unless you REALLY know about Adsense, and to know about adsense you need to know about smart pricing, geo targeting, etc...

BUT adsense is a good way to start.

I started with Adsense and now I pay 80% extra of my mortgage thanks to Adsense... so in 6 years Google will pay my house....

Now, don't forget that: you can always make more money by selling a $27 product that goes directly to your paypal than by adsense.

Anyway, enough... good luck mate and don't stop building.
I totally agree
Adsense income is good but Aff. links, paid links, and product sales will always be more lucrative. Just another advantage of a minisite over parking.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member