What's new

web dev terms to clients

findtim

Top Contributor
warning: this is a longggggggggg post.

hi, i'd like to start a conversation about what we as web devs say to clients, what we have on OUR websites as T&C.

so i am NOT talking about the t&c for thier website but for your web dev and what you will and won't do. eg: this si included but this is not.

although i have run my business with no client terms and conditions for years i think the time due to recent events i have had with clients.

i think i now need them, i also see many threads hinting at this problem for many of us.

clients are now more savvy and far more demanding.

so i would like to create a workgroup of members to create a set of paramenters when dealing with clients, i know mnay of our more experienced wed devs already have these in place adn i do not wish to steal their hard earned work.

my goal is to bring together everyones experiences and how they solved them into some form of structure we can all use as developers.

some of us may choose to use them all, use some, or in the end edit it for everyones individual style of work.

-----------------

i am looking to create a "workgroup" on this, i have spoken to chris and he is looking into the possibility of creating a hidden section in DNT ( chris has said he will get back to me on this concept so no promises )

we could then work as a team and refine it for everyones benefit.

NOW, the first thing you are going to say is "here is the link...... its already done"
well GREAT, thats what we need, but i still think we need anything to be worded from our own experiences of shit clients and ending up having to do extra work becuase we didn't cover ourselves for that event.

i think it will be a GREAT cross over of knowledge and past experience.

SO, right now chris is working out how we can do a private workshop online thingy?? no promises.

SO, what we need are people to say "i want to be in on this"

you can say it in the thread or by PM, the more knowledge we have the better,

i think thats it?
tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
so i would like to create a workgroup of members to create a set of paramenters when dealing with clients, i know mnay of our more experienced wed devs already have these in place adn i do not wish to steal their hard earned work.

my goal is to bring together everyones experiences and how they solved them into some form of structure we can all use as developers.

some of us may choose to use them all, use some, or in the end edit it for everyones individual style of work.

tim

This is what I have come up with regarding a developers Service Agreement:

HTML:
http://drupalcms.com.au/service-agreement
I think that video you posted the other day has some good points in it about the assignment of Intellectual Property only happens after payment in full. Still need to work that into the T&C's.

warning: this is a longggggggggg post.

hi, i'd like to start a conversation about what we as web devs say to clients, what we have on OUR websites as T&C.

so i am NOT talking about the t&c for thier website but for your web dev and what you will and won't do. eg: this si included but this is not.

although i have run my business with no client terms and conditions for years i think the time due to recent events i have had with clients.

i think i now need them, i also see many threads hinting at this problem for many of us.

clients are now more savvy and far more demanding.

-----------------

i am looking to create a "workgroup" on this, i have spoken to chris and he is looking into the possibility of creating a hidden section in DNT ( chris has said he will get back to me on this concept so no promises )

we could then work as a team and refine it for everyones benefit.

NOW, the first thing you are going to say is "here is the link...... its already done"
well GREAT, thats what we need, but i still think we need anything to be worded from our own experiences of shit clients and ending up having to do extra work becuase we didn't cover ourselves for that event.

i think it will be a GREAT cross over of knowledge and past experience.

SO, right now chris is working out how we can do a private workshop online thingy?? no promises.

SO, what we need are people to say "i want to be in on this"

you can say it in the thread or by PM, the more knowledge we have the better,

i think thats it?
tim

Hi Tim

We do this kind of work everyday. PM me and we can discuss

Cheers
Erhan

helloworld

Top Contributor
I am also interested in some fancy contracts. I managed to get my hands on some decent generic contracts for seo. I will share them when I'm back on the notebook

Hi Ashman

I am happy to add to the discussion, but I don't intend to rip anyone's terms apart :) I don't have the time to do a full review of each set of terms on the forum, and each case is different.

There are a large number of issues which need to be considered with these types of documents.

So the first one that I will mention is limitation of liability clauses, and compliance with the Australian Consumer Law. I see many terms which are unlawful because they try to exclude statutory warranties. Also consideration needs to be given to how you can limit your liability, in case things go wrong.

Ashman

Top Contributor
So the first one that I will mention is limitation of liability clauses, and compliance with the Australian Consumer Law. I see many terms which are unlawful because they try to exclude statutory warranties. Also consideration needs to be given to how you can limit your liability, in case things go wrong.

Thanks Erhan, that's great advice especially regarding the Unfair Contract Terms provisions.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo