What's new

We love supply class

findtim

Top Contributor
lets be honest. we love supply class, we do, like us they play a role in the game and you can't play a game without another team.
so we have a .......
"Symbiotic relationships are a special type of interaction between species. Sometimes beneficial, sometimes harmful, these relationships are essential to many organisms and ecosystems, and they provide a balance that can only be achieved by working together."

all demand class want is a fair go, paid direct registrations is a duplication via defensive registrations by domainers and ANY domain name holder of the .com.au, its that simple.

so if the agument is truly about growth, then only charge for growth, let the market decide, if it really is needed and there is no pressure to play a part would domain name holders go and register the.au on top of thier current.com.au? NO
do domain owners not want someone else having the "copy" of their domain? YES

so i am asking supply class to vote against introducing .au in its present suggested form and working on a system that allows us to move towards a .au properly, lets not follow UK and certainly now NZ, lets get it right.

tim

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Tim, don't get me wrong....I'm confused by your change of sentiment. Did you just say we should seek to work on the implementation of .au?

findtim

Top Contributor
yes but no change in my stance, i have stated i am against it in its present form of a piad model and a duplication expense to domain holders, i do however have to agree that shorter is better.
so i see 2 solutions, bring it in and GIVE it to the .com.au owner forever and not some shifty " we can wait 5 years for your money" like UK are doing, or if .au is sooooooooo much better then set a timetable to dissolve/transition the .com.au into .just au once again causing no extra expense to the domain name holder.
is that clear? if not i can try again? basically, no extra cost to .com.au owner
tim

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
If we get a new Chairman and some new demand side directors who aren't besties with the supply side then it's going to be up for grabs.
That's why you shouldn't accept its a done deal.

findtim

Top Contributor
thats exactly right BF, for me to get on the board i need to topple the chairman !
i know this, he knows this ( or he should by now) , so thats why dnt need to get behind true demand candidates that have openly stated their stance.
every vote counts and every vote to someone else hurts times TWO.
so now we can just about safely say we have a fixed number of voters with no more to come, we all need to ask ourselves who we know that has a vote and get the message out about who best represents you and them.
Don't be fooled by them carrying on as if it is.
in selling its called "the assumption close" , its where you do not ask someone to buy the product you make them assume they already have, eg: don't say " do you want this? " say " how many are you wanting"
they are saying "we have decided, so do you want to pay MIT or netregistry? "
thats just rubbish, imo, they had a commitee that came back with 9 weak pros and 4 of the committee refused the result and wrote their own which seems to have been ignored, they did a HORRIBLE survey that is nothing less then shonky whch was asked to be thrown out and wasn't.
1.7 miilion domain owners know NOTHING about whats going on, and auda have to stated what they intend to do about that.

So you see there is still a long way to go on this adventure.

we also need the holy grail and that is some supply class support, yes i said it, there has to be a sole in there that is tearing away at someone knowing this is wrong.

tim
story : when the new government went into qld after the floods my sister was in the public service, she was told " you have to sack all of your staff (@ 26), and then sack yourself at he end" ! . so she sacked herself first LOL

she had a new job the next week, don't be bullied into thinking there is no chance

DomainNames

Top Contributor
  • Free .au for all existing .com.au registrants.
  • Existing .com.au registrants all emailed and invited to take up the corresponding FREE .au name and people given 5 years to do it or the name is available for hand registration.
  • FREE Change of Registrant for all Australian domain name extensions
  • Lower domain registration and renewal pricing
  • Open Tender for Australian domain name administration
  • Open Tender for Australian registrar
  • Auda Foundation closed and all money diverted back to lower domain name fees
_____

findtim

Top Contributor
FREE Change of Registrant for all Australian domain name extensions
there must be a cost to those who facilitate this, eg ventra and drop setting up paperless processes but having to deal with mistakes and holdups so they can't be expected to do that for free.
tim

Scott.L

Top Contributor
yeah It's not clear Tim, I got the impression you were a solid NO for any .au implementation....

Transitioning is going to be a huge cost...stationary, TM, rewritten contractual agreements, leases, SEO, adverting and then a flood of confusion when .au is released.

I must of misunderstood your intention when you wanted votes so I'm glad you cleared that up . So let's implement it for free and transition to it because it's 3 letters shorter, its going to save businesses money when hashtagging .....what an insane idea.

findtim

Top Contributor
i think we have to face we are living in a shorter world,
huge cost: YEP, this carry on affect hasn't been thought out well, i'd say ignored as the number one aguement is "its only another 20 bucks"
BS, its a lot more, does nayone think i'm going to register the domains, redirect or park on top or build alanding page for free? NO.
and lets not forget about 10 years of backlinking to get a solid ranking !!!!
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
scotL this is what i wrote att the start, i can image my post left you with a temporary "ripped off" feeling, i hope thats gone now?
4) I am for the introduction of a .au as a REPLACEMENT to the current.com.au, I believe shorter is better especially for the future with the take up of mobile devices, but not at the added expense of present domain name owners.
i must say i was only speaking from the cost of the name and not the flow on expenses, i think given a good amount of time, stationery would be reprinted anyway.
shop signage, present rankings etc is unavoidable unfortunately and this is why i think the .au will actually DIE on the shelf, i see it happening in the UK, nobody is promoting websites using it, its not taking hold, its basically in a downward spiral, once AGAIN all it is is defensive regos.

if auda is looking at the UK model, why can't it see the UK mistakes?
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members