What's new

Voucher.com.au LIVE... Finally.

Timmy

Banned
Hey Gang,

It's been a long road but we're up and running with our group buying site and the deals shall flow hence forth.

Thanks for the support along the way and I hope we have some deals in there relevant/appealing to some of you!

We'll be constantly adding features and tweaking the site/design so any feedback/comments are always welcomed.

Happy Friday!

Cheers,T.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
sorry for being confused, i thought this name was sold ? or was that 'discount vouchers'

i vaguely remember commenting on a site a while that was yours?

Ash

Top Contributor
I think you're right spacey - I think it was discountvouchers that Timmy sold. But I also think he pretty much has the market cornered with his range of voucher domains.

Looks good Timmy! Plenty of work has gone in to that one.

Best of luck with it.

Luke

Top Contributor
Hey T
Site looks great, domain is awesome and the Facebook "What do you think.." integration is a smart idea!

Just need to check the sign up button on the top bar in Firefox.

Good luck with it mate :)

Timmy

Banned
sorry for being confused, i thought this name was sold ? or was that 'discount vouchers'

i vaguely remember commenting on a site a while that was yours?

Hey Spaceman, yeah I sold DiscountVouchers.com.au at a profit to raise the extra funds I needed to get Vouchers.com.au :D

Timmy

Banned
Thanks all, Facebook comments plug-in is an absolute breeze and works well, we've seen some viral activity from it since day one.

Thanks for the support!

@James - yeah mate, we're in Southport on the Gold Coast... Figured if we needed an office etc we might as well have a billboard seen by 20,000+ people every day. I also knew that a physical office makes selling business to business so much easier as you're not just another virtual business.

We're getting sales in week one without starting our marketing plan or advertising so things are looking up. Feel free to drop in for a cold one everyone if you're on the coast - the fridge is stocked :p

James

Top Contributor
Hey Spaceman, yeah I sold DiscountVouchers.com.au at a profit to raise the extra funds I needed to get Vouchers.com.au :D

Hi,

Curious to know why you are using Voucher.com.au as your main site if you own vouchers.com.au it sounds like a better name.

Timmy

Banned
Vouchers.com.au to me had more potential for independent development rather than just group-buying. Designing the plural now which will encompass all 'vouchers' keywords from group vouchers, gift vouchers, print vouchers, mobile vouchers while also picking up all industry-keyword terms.

Not a great secret as to what we're doing, obviously we want to develop vouchers as a lead gen/consumer portal for the group buying site which should help grow the membership base and lower our overal CPA.

payattention

Archived Member
Hope it grows and does well for you Timmy because it looks like you guys have the right approach. I've seen some other group buying sites sell thousands of vouchers at cheap prices but you have to wonder if they're just trying to sell as many as possible without giving the customer much thought. How on earth does a small business redeem a few thousand vouchers in the space of a couple months?

Timmy

Banned
Thanks Jono,

Excellent point actually, we're constantly hearing some horror stories coming through from business owners that are being burned, selling thousands of vouchers that they just can't honour + extortionate rates of commission - it's becoming a real issue.

It's something we're tackling head on with transparency and flexibility to suit the vendor, after all, the better we serve our advertising partners, the more effective their campaigns are with our consumer base in the long term.

Cheers,
T.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hope it grows and does well for you Timmy because it looks like you guys have the right approach. I've seen some other group buying sites sell thousands of vouchers at cheap prices but you have to wonder if they're just trying to sell as many as possible without giving the customer much thought. How on earth does a small business redeem a few thousand vouchers in the space of a couple months?

Exactly right.

Thanks Jono,

Excellent point actually, we're constantly hearing some horror stories coming through from business owners that are being burned, selling thousands of vouchers that they just can't honour + extortionate rates of commission - it's becoming a real issue.

It's something we're tackling head on with transparency and flexibility to suit the vendor, after all, the better we serve our advertising partners, the more effective their campaigns are with our consumer base in the long term.

Cheers,
T.

Tim, this is just the best strategy you could ever have imho. There is a "golden goose" out there, but as usual,
every man and his dog are trying to get in on the act.

All that happens is that a lot of people on all levels lose out. It's the good operators that will survive and prosper.
Ain't it always the same?

Some of the "deals" I've seen on offer make me wonder how SBO's can ever honour them in the required time -
particularly as they have their "full rate" customers to service as well.

If you can get more deals going; with less quantity but more quality, then everybody wins. Supply and demand.

People love winners! :)

paz

Exactly right.

Tim, this is just the best strategy you could ever have imho. There is a "golden goose" out there, but as usual,

All that happens is that a lot of people on all levels lose out. It's the good operators that will survive and prosper.

Some of the "deals" I've seen on offer make me wonder how SBO's can ever honour them in the required time -

If you can get more deals going; with less quantity but more quality, then everybody wins. Supply and demand.

Welcome back :)

Timmy

Banned
Exactly right.

Neddy returns!

Thanks Ned, I couldn't agree more. Except Charlie Sheen = #no-so-winning

neddy

Top Contributor
Welcome back :)

Thanks Paz! I've always been reading. :)

Neddy returns!

Thanks Ned, I couldn't agree more. Except Charlie Sheen = #no-so-winning

Well, you are my mate, and you did pay me to post. ;)

Seriously, I like what you do, and how you go about it. You've got some category killer names, and if you
do it right, global domination is yours for the taking (well, Australia at least!).

I know the obstacles you have faced, but you are the epitomy of a true entrepreneur - you never give up.
You find a way through, around or over.

The strategy of using one of your "killer names" to be an aggregator in the interim is very smart. Before you
know it, you will have such a customer base.

Good on you Tim!

Timmy

Banned
Thanks Paz! I've always been reading. :)

Well, you are my mate, and you did pay me to post. ;)

Seriously, I like what you do, and how you go about it. You've got some category killer names, and if you
do it right, global domination is yours for the taking (well, Australia at least!).

I know the obstacles you have faced, but you are the epitomy of a true entrepreneur - you never give up.
You find a way through, around or over.

The strategy of using one of your "killer names" to be an aggregator in the interim is very smart. Before you
know it, you will have such a customer base.

Good on you Tim!

Thanks mate, definitely exciting times ahead. Always hard to keep pushing through the barriers but it's definitely worth it when you hit a milestone.

Appreciate all the comments - cheers!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member