What's new

vodka.net.au

neddy

Top Contributor
I picked this name up recently, and wondered how much it might be worth - on both a wholesale and end user basis? I know that vodka.com went for $US3 million a few years back; and that vodka.com.au is owned by Fosters (Carlton and United Breweries).

All constructive thoughts greatly appreciated as always ...........

Cheers, Ned

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think you need an enduser for best results of a sale , it sure is well suited to the industry , have you tried any endusers yet

To be honest the value i have no idea, but i am sure you will make a good profit

Last edited:

TroyW

Top Contributor
Not sure of the comparison but I've been attempting to sell shirt.net.au on NetFleet for a few months at $250 - hasn't sold yet

neddy

Top Contributor
Not sure of the comparison but I've been attempting to sell shirt.net.au on NetFleet for a few months at $250 - hasn't sold yet

There have been some excellent sales with .net.au's recently. I seem to remember Netfleet commenting on how good they were? I was never a real fan, but my eyes have been opened with the sale of mortgage.net.au etc.

And I do think "vodka" is a bit more special than "shirt"!:D

Cheers, Ned

neddy

Top Contributor
I think shirts.net.au would be a great name

I agree Spacey - the plural version of "shirt" would be excellent. With "vodka" though, you don't really need a plural.

Anyway, I'm sending out heaps of emails to potential endusers, so we will see what transpires.

Cheers, Ned

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Perhaps its just me, but i tend to do a google search before direct navigation , so if i was to search for either vodka, shirt or shirts i would quite likely click on the ads that have either .com.au or .net.au in their listing, i think the .net.au option is only growing stronger because you still know you are dealing with an aussie company

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
I'm building two .net.au sites at the moment. One for a client and one for myself... i also built another one for a client earlier in the year.

I don't think users are as biased towards the .net.au as much as people perceive them to be. Especially in search results - I have the stats to prove it ;)

neddy

Top Contributor
I don't think users are as biased towards the .net.au as much as people perceive them to be. Especially in search results - I have the stats to prove it ;)

I totally agree with DMP. As long as the .au is on it, and it's developed, there's no real difference to a .com.au in my opinion. If you do a quick search for some prominent .net.au domains you can come up with heaps! abc.net.au; kids.net.au; iinet.net.au; whirlpool.net.au; iga.net.au - etc. And recent sales of webdesign.net.au and mortgage.net.au for $xx,xxx sums show there is definite value to be had out there.

Is the glass half full, or is it half empty? :)

Cheers, Ned

DavidL

Top Contributor
I agree Spacey - the plural version of "shirt" would be excellent. With "vodka" though, you don't really need a plural.

Anyway, I'm sending out heaps of emails to potential endusers, so we will see what transpires.

Cheers, Ned

fancy mentioning australianvodka.com.au while you are at it? ;)

With regards to net.au vs com.au, we all know there is no preference in the search engines. I would have though there might be slightly with users (ie if 100 people saw 2 identical ads/search results one with a com.au domain & one with a net.au domain, there might be a preference to click the com.au) but would be keen to see any stats from DMP?

Whatever you say it's all about value and net.au's often show way better value than com.au's.

As I said before I think I underestimated net.au's - should have grabbed hundreds a few years ago...

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
yes most would type in the .com.au, but the thing is because so many aussie names are not developed that's why the search engine is the more popular method than direct navigation, so as long as you have an aussie site you have a chance is the way i see it

Plus with the new company iinet.net.au the awareness only grows for .net.au

My van has signs on it for insured.net.au and vergetarian.net.au (although just parking for now)

demelchr

i have noodles.net.au , what would you think that would be worth ? or better yet... how do i go about selling it ?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member