1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

VIP applications

Discussion in 'DNTrade Updates & News' started by petermeadit, Jan 27, 2015.

1. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    At this time we are temporarily not accepting VIP applications as we are improving the application process so we can make the VIP a better experience for all VIPs.
    Any members wishing to become VIPs, an update will be posted on this thread.

2. ttfan

ttfan Membership: Community

Is there anything happening with VIP membership?

3. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

After feedback from a few regular members we’ve put this on hold for the moment

4. ttfan

ttfan Membership: Community

That's the same response I got several years ago :)
    Is it because this section is no longer used, or you don't want new people, or you just don't want me, or another reason?

I'd like to be a contributing member of this great community, but having different classes of membership, with VIP only available to the 'elite', with 'new' members having no idea what's going on there and no way of joining them, is not health for the community IMO. Just my 2c worth. ;)

5. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

@ttfan. Agree it has been in limbo for a while. There were some discussion among members on criteria for joining so we put it on hold. Once we switched to XenForo which allows for group PMs, it has mostly replaced the need for private areas. We plan to retire a few sections and add a few new ones based on usage, we typically do this in the quiet period over Christmas - New Years, so we'll have an update on this quite soon. Appreciate the feedback :)