What's new

Very Interesting

nt81

Top Contributor
Over the past 4 months, i've been watching the AUDA drop lists.

For that period, for every domain that drops and is registered, 10 other dropped domains remain unregistered.

1:10

Truly, there are some crap domains out there that drop, but there are plenty of good ones too.

I will be unveiling my site in a few months.

Watch this space!

findtim

Top Contributor
i personally would have said that stat is wrong

i'm always watching drops and i would say its more like 1:60

tim

nt81

Top Contributor
I can't speak with authority about the 100% correct stats, but I can speak for domain drops in the last 4 months go, the stats are :

Dropped .au Domains
Total : 184835
Available : 168,263

findtim

Top Contributor
using loose numbers i do not see 138 domains being picked up on drops EVERY and EVERY day

not having a go, just don't the numbers adding up.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
The numbers to work off are those provided by the Registry which are here

thanks CML, so making a quick look for december 2013 it would suggest that 1553 domains changed owners which gives us about 50 per day

as an example on the 17th dec, NF sent me an email saying there were 1477 domians on drops the next day which is pretty consistent so i would say my 1:60 is wrong and 1:10 is wrong, maybe its 1:30

tim

nt81

Top Contributor
using loose numbers i do not see 138 domains being picked up on drops EVERY and EVERY day

not having a go, just don't the numbers adding up.

tim

All good. Just that I didn't say the stats were based on every day. Over the past 4 months, the rate is 1:10 from my tracking across 4 months.

I ran my script on Thursday to re-check the registration status of all 180-odd thousand domains and that is the end result. It obviously isn't a linear projection, so I apologise if I implied that in some way. Initially the ratio was much higher.

Maybe when I have 2-4 years of data in the bag the number will be different :)

findtim

Top Contributor
all smiles :) where is Chris C when ya need him, he's the numbers guy.

looking at some numbers, as i am interested in numbers, i think its important to actually define what stats you are using as i am taking it that you said " 1:10 dropped domains get registered "

i don't see that

but if you do your numbers on drops vs new registrations you almost end up with 1:1 , as erhans link shows for as many drops in dec/13 there were as many new registrations ( but its late on a Saturday night so i may be wrong )

i'm going to end the poker game with 1:30

have a nice weekend

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics