1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

VentraIP Wholesale is now live and accepting customers!

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by VentraIP, Sep 24, 2012.

1. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Hi everyone,

We are please to announce that today we have launched our long-awaited Wholesale System.

More on the development on the system can be found on our blog at https://ventraip.com.au/blog/announcements/ventraip-wholesale-has-officially-launched/

Customers can now sign up at https://wholesalesystem.com.au/signup/ and if you select DNtrade as where you found out about the service we will give you a $50 discount on your first yearly fee.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

2. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

"All of the domain name extensions offered to resellers are available at cost or near cost price."

Can you put some dollar figures on that statement?

3. VentraIP

Hi Chris.C,

We are unable to publish our full final price list because when we asked customers via social media there was a resounding "NO" to doing that.

What I can tell you is that we are keeping a very close eye on our competitors and, for the most part, our domain prices are cheaper then them. For example, .com.au and .net.au is $19.50 for both registration and renewal, however id.au, .org.au and .asn.au are all offered at cost price.

We also have a fully documented API ad WHMCS modules as well.

4. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Where do we find the fee structure?

5. VentraIP

Hi johno69,

As we have all over our website, there is a yearly fee of $149.00 to access our system. This fee will be reduced to $99 for the first year for all DNtrade members who select DNtrade in the "how did you find us" part of the page.

Otherwise, as we've said, all services are cost or near cost. By near cost, we mean $1 or so above cost price.

6. johno69

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thank you.

So as I see it the main benefit is to automate things using WHMCS & the API.

Because my primary purchasing is for .com.au and I can already purchase for clients in the current system.

Am I right in thinking this?

Cheers,

Paul.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  7. ScottNugent

ScottNugent Membership: VIP

I assume thought that you are informed of the prices once you become a member of the Wholesale system? :)

Also, will my reseller service be moved over to this platform or will it remain through the normal retail system? If i've understood correctly the wholesale system is actually reselling your products so the answer is.. no?

8. VentraIP

The yearly fee will not be charged until you decide to use the system. Once your application has been accepted, you will be able to login and see the full pricing table.

9. djuqa

djuqa Membership: Trader

So basically for a 45c discount of your normal retail cost there is a $99.95 Fee (after dnTrade Discount).

10. johno69

auDA Member:
    Yes
    If you are only using it for .au domains you need to have 660+ domains to break even.

If the SSL pricing is at the levels they used to have advertised this would make it worth while.

Are the SSL's in this new wholesale system? Or is it purely domains at this stage?

11. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

Domains, SSLs and SMS is available as of today. :)

12. johno69

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks Mick.

13. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i personally feel for these guys, ventra,nf,drop, this market is being screwed to the wall and the margins are next to zero... AND they have to program the bloody thing !

everyone has to make a buck, geez we all want to, and EVERY DAY we chat on DNT about exacts and how a domain will make money then turn around and worry about a $150 p/a fee for a service.

a handreg or renewal is like a can of diced tomatoes... do i buy goulburn valley or homebrand? personally i buy homebrand and the point is we are always going to be looking for the cheapest price, but what we should think about is that without v,nf,d CREATING this for us then we can't do it !!! , so come the end of the day just cost it into your strategy and pick who you want to go with based on whatever floats your boat, cost vs service vs features.

tim

14. VentraIP

Hi djuqa,

That may the case for some, but you're forgetting that we are also selling a number of domain names at cost price, plus the savings on SSL certificates could save you more in just 4 sales.

We are not looking for customers who have 100 domain names, this system is designed for serious resellers who want a level playing field.

Without charging a yearly fee, we would need to charge more for domain names and SSL's and our price points would be nowhere near as competitive.

15. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Is there the capability of seeing what the ventraipfunctionality is before commiting, i've posted this before elsewhere and i struggle to make changes on pure faith of your system working well with my own business systems.

one of the things that got me into host gator hosting was they offered me a $1 one month trial, i've since spent many thousands with them but would not have if i didn't get the opportunity to look behind the scenes first.

16. VentraIP

The yearly fee is fully refundable within the first 30 days. So if you decide that our system is not for you in the first 30 days, and you instruct us to cancel your Wholesale account, we will refund it in full, no questions asked.

17. VentraIP

Let me give you some working examples on domain names:

Our .com.au price: $19.50
    Crazy Domains .com.au price: $20.00
    TPP Wholesale .com.au price: $20.80

Our .asia price: $9.99
    Crazy Domains .asia price: $18.00
    TPP Wholesale .asia price: $12.80

Our .biz price: $8.70
    Crazy Domains .biz price: $12.50
    TPP Wholesale .biz price: $9.15

Plus, all domain names give you access to free URL forwarding, free DNS hosting, free email forwarding, and free ID protection - all services you can choose to on-sell to your customers.

An example on SSL's:

Our DV SSL price: $12.00
    Crazy Domains DV SSL: $25.00

If you don't see the value in our proposition then we are probably not the right wholesale provider for you. We are not after thousands of resellers, we are very content with having a small portfolio of resellers who know what they are doing and are able to leverage our system to beyond the cost benefits of that of our competitors.

And keep in mind that you may need to "make up" the yearly fee in your costing analysis, but at least we're giving you that option and once you do make it up, every other purchase after that puts you ahead. So the question becomes, how much will you save by using our system? :)

18. johno69

auDA Member:
    Yes
    This is nice.

19. djuqa

djuqa Membership: Trader

Several points
    1/ I have more than 100 domains under my ownership or management (More like 2000+)
    2/ I sell domains for MORE than $20 to most of my clients. My point was there is a very narrow margin between your Retail/Wholesale pricing. I hope that the W'sale doesn't go HIGHER than retail. PD (TPPWholesale) annoyed me by doing that.
    3/ I already have reseller agreements with a few Registrars, none of which charge for the privilege.
    4/ VentraIP has an excellent follow-up service, but your vipcontrol software has some bugs(features) that annoy the crap out of me.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  20. VentraIP

Hi djuqa,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me address the points you've made.

1. Excellent. That amount of domains will definitely see a cost benefit of using our system. Even if you were only saving 50c per domain (it's generally more depending on the extension), you'd be saving $1,000 per year on 2,000 domains. The $149 yearly access fee suddenly seems worth it.

2. Our Wholesale pricing will never go above our retail pricing. Why? Because it's illegal to do so, and the ACCC will have you over the coals for it, which is why we never went any lower on a retail front. We do, however, run special offers from time to time, but our wholesale account that services our retail customers is charged the exact same price as everybody else in the system, so the loss we make on domains when do we specials is taken directly from our marketing budget on the retail side. I hope this makes sense!

3. They may not charge you a yearly fee, but I will almost guarantee you they charge more for the services then we do. Our business model for wholesale is the same CostCo. You pay a yearly fee to get in the door, then you have access to cost price or near cost price products.

4. VIPControl is about to change. We hired a full time web developer in February who designed and built our Wholesale System front end (which people on Facebook and Twitter are already raving about), and the same template is about to be used for VIPControl. The bugs you talk about will very soon be a thing of the past, and I can assure you those little bugs do not exist in the Wholesale System.

I hope this addresses your concerns.