1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Ventra Prizes

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by James, Aug 23, 2013.

1. James

James Membership: VIP

So today I get a call from Ventra saying I have won a prize dinner with the CEO. I was like yay after spending THOUSANDS with Ventra I have finally won something haha

So basically this girl calls me saying "hi you have won dinner with the CEO, can you make your way to Melbourne Sept 3 Tuesday night"

I was not really thinking at the time as I was hours deep in Excel = brain fried, I am usually busy Tuesday nights so I say it might be hard to make it, also I was thinking I probably have to get my own flights in the back of my mind LOL probably will cost $500...So the girls like ok no problem thank you bye.

So I check the website, the competition states.

Flights/ Accom
    Limo Pick up from airport
    Dinner at Seafood restaurant
    Chat with the CEO ect ect

Now after reading the site what was in the comp, I was like WOW this sounds ok, so I ring her back like 2 minutes and she is like sorry already given it to some one else =(

Ok so I know I am at fault here for not accepting it at the get go, but in future if Ventra ring people probably spell out exactly what is involved in the prize i.e. flights are included.

Sorry to sound like a brat but I would have accepted if I knew exactly what was involved not to make a decision in 1 minute on the phone.

2. angelogiuffrida

angelogiuffrida Membership: VIP

From what I overheard when Natalie rang you, she did say that everything was included. Also, if you were in doubt you could have simply asked for clarification.

I know that if I received a call out of the blue about something I had won, I would question what's exactly included and what I'd be receiving and when.

Sorry you missed out though James, it would have been nice to catch up with you.

3. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

I am still waiting for my call

4. James

The thing is I never even remember entering this competition. That is why it would have been good to get an email to spell out exactly what was involved that is all and not to make a call on a date for something in 1 minute. I have a busy schedule usually with meetings all over the place.

It was completely out of the blue.

When I checked out the website It was more clear what was involved as its something I would have taken up.

I mean thanks for running the competition and good luck to the other people, just be more clear when you call people.

5. asantha

asantha Membership: Community

In case u lost my number, do u need me to post my number here :) lol

6. James

Haha they already gave it to some one else in like 2 minutes.