1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Ventra IP Worst Host

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by helloworld, Aug 31, 2015.

1. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Seriously Ventra IP is the worst Hosting and Domains company in Australia.
    They don't read support emails correctly which is infuriating and the level of ***** given by them is so low you could compare it to telstra on steroids. Unlike telstra though who've actually lifted their game. You would be crazy to buy or use any of Ventra IP products or services.

I submitted a support ticket at 4pm on Saturday stating we have a mutual client (I look after their SEO) and they have hosting with a reseller and the reseller was currently un-contactable but we needed a restore. First replky was tro reinstall wp. I told them we just needed a back up. They advised which back ups available to which I replied proceed and install oldest back up, send me an invoice. They then write again to confirm I want the oldest back up. I confirm again. They then reply SORRY IT'S ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT.
    WTF I said that 4 hours ago.

Fair enough, I'm taking my own business elsewhere. Go to retrieve my EPP codes. Several EPP codes fail. I submit another support ticket "the epp codes for the following domains have failed, please provide correct epp". Their response ? You can obtain the EPP for the domains by following these steps. WTF

Reading isn't rocket science. It's taught at primary school or earlier. Verntra IP is the Worst host, avoid them like the plague.

2. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    That doesn't sound great. I have to say though that I've had most of my domains and some of my hosting with Ventra for quite a few years now, and I've never had any problems.

I hope they can sort it out for you.

3. helloworld

More crud from Ventra Ip and Synergy Wholesale
    Since I am moving away I went to close my Synergy wholesale account.
    30/08
    The service has now been cancelled for you and a refund will be used during business hours on Monday.
    Please let me know if you have any queries or concerns.
    Regards,
    Michael Band
    Wholesale Manager

Second email
    31/08
    Your account was created on 25 June 2015, which is past our 30 day money back policy timeframe, so we're unable to offer a refund in this instance I'm afraid.
    Please let me know if you have any queries or concerns.
    Regards,
    Michael Band
    Wholesale Manager

As Synergy and Ventra IP have the email address noreply@synergywholesale.com it's now impossible to contact them as they've closed the account and I can't login.

I got another reply from Ventra. This time with the EPP codes. Again they haven't read the message as the epp codes DO NOT WORK.

Is Ventra IP A good Host? Is Synergy Wholesale Good? The answer is no.

4. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

As you've provided the information here you can clearly see it is past the 30 day money back period we offer, I don't see what the problem is with the information that was provided to you? Feel free to email customercare@synergywholesale.com, there is always a way to contact us. :)

5. helloworld

And that's exactly the type of response I'd expect.
    First email "The service has now been cancelled for you and a refund will be used during business hours on Monday."

And then you say back peddle because you didn't check the facts on the first email.

I am also supposed to go looking for your contact details. What a joke,

It's obvious that I haven't used the service at all and after my experience with your service on Ventra why would I want to use your service? At least your poor customer service is now public. What a terrible provider synergy wholesale is.

6. Mick

The majority of resellers who request a refund know they are within the 30 day period and entitled to a refund. That was my stuff up for not checking prior to replying at 2:30am Sunday morning and assuming the refund was available for you, upon checking this morning it isn't.

If getting a reply from a wholesale manager at 2:30am on a Sunday morning makes us a terrible provider then I guess we're not the right provider for you.

7. helloworld

It doesn't matter when you replied it's totally irrelevant.

Nor did it require an immediate response since the information provided by you was totally incorrect. And unfortunately for Ventra and Synergy Wholesale the poor information, wrong information and lack or care is a common theme.

You back tracked. Obviously VentraIp is not a good provider, the actually offerings weren't worth signing up to but you won't display them unless the user signs up.

On top of that the only reason I did sign up was due to the DNT relationship.

You do get what you pay for true. But I paid $99 to look at your services. What a waste of money.

8. Mick

I completely understand and appreciate your feedback, I'll pass it onto our management team for review.

9. angelogiuffrida

angelogiuffrida Membership: VIP

helloworld,

I do apologise for the experience you've received with both VentraIP Australia and Synergy Wholesale. It most certainly isn't the experience you should have had, so can you please email me at customercare@synergywholesale.com or customercare@ventraip.com.au (attention to me please) and I will be able to have a look into the issues you've faced.

I have spoken with Michael and considering you're ultimately just outside the window I have approved a refund for your Synergy Wholesale activation so I will also need to obtain your details to provide an EFT refund.

Aside from that , I truly want to get to the bottom of your experience to find out why it went so wrong, and secondly why you ultimately decided to close your Synergy Wholesale account.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers, Angelo.

10. James

James Membership: VIP

I have been using Ventra IP for a while and use a few other companies as well. I think Ventra is ok tho they are a low cost solution so you can not expect a premium service on weekends right. I have had 1 or 2 small issues tho most things were fixed up. It is also good to see senior company employees helping on the forum with Questions you do not see that with many businesses.

11. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i've had a client of mine on ventraip for the last 2 years with mixed results on service, sometimes great, sometimes bad and frustrating like above.
    last friday ( i had to phone 3 times ) i didn't get a good result, it ALLLLL points to suppport tickets when i feel it should be " just have a look at it now please "
    so i wasted basically my whole weekend doing backups.
    but this morning, i phoned......... first i phoned and pushed technical support and the recorded message said after a longgggggggggg wait ......... nobody home, put in a ticket
    so i phoned back and pushed SALES because if i can't get technical support i need to extent my contract so i can fix the problems.......... nobody home please put in a support ticket , which doesn't make sense to me as i may have not already been a customer ? now thats SALES ! surely you want to pick up the phone for SALES ?
    third phone call this morning, i then select billing as maybe i can get the extension sorted there as technical isn't going to help me in time as my contract runs out tomorrow.
    and finally someone answers, told her that i just now needed an extra month, she gave me the price, sorted the invoives, i paid and all happy.
    its the clients fault i had this problem as they didn't make a decision until friday afternoon.

so i have mixed feelings about ventrip, still like their cor process.

one thing i couldn't understand is that i tried to transfer a domain out but was refused 31/8 because of an unpaid invoice when in actual fact the invoice was due on 1/9 so it wasn't overdue just not paid.

so as part of the clients late decision and the ventraip system i was forced to extend another month, not ventras fault but i didn't get a quick answer which needed
    note: i didn't submit a ticket, because in the past i have found the ticket system frustrating and slow.
    tim

12. helloworld

I will not send an email. All the necessary information is contained in this thread, I am sure Mick has my support email. The $99 wasn't even the main issue, if you read the first post. Again, a major issue at VentraIP not reading!!!

The issues
    *Multiple support tickets via Ventra IP over 4 hours which could have been resolved on first ticket as I provided the information
    *Multiple tickets regarding EPP codes to transfer away. Still not resolved, EPP codes are still wrong
    *Synergy Wholesale not reading emails correctly and reversing a decision
    *Being spoken to like a noob in this thread. "then I guess we're not the right provider for you"

Where a client hosts their account is their business. I am sure I will have to deal with Ventra again unfortunately. I am glad that you one of your support team has finally escalated the issue. But it doesn't detract from the fact that it could have been nailed on the head immediately in all instances.

It's a small industry we have to deal with each other. That is a fact, but your company has me on serious tilt and it is a shame staff can not answer the most basic of questions.

13. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

When the owner reaches out to you maybe it's time to eat a snickers.

14. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    obviously you don't get to talk to angelo as thats not the structure of the business but i have always found mick extremely helpful whenever i have spoken to him. thats not a "suck up" , it just my opinion.
    tim
    -------------------
    story:
    " not your ball park" , " its not a home game " , you will get less stress when you realise the other person is making the rules because they can, telstra do, optus do, NF, drop , domainshield ALL make their own rules.
    YES they piss us off, man didn't i go hell at NF changing their system, so what did i do ? i just switched to a different ballpark, MINE
    auda however is different, you can actualy have a say, ( not trying to switch subjects )
    tim

15. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I have found Synergy and Ventra to provide great value for money, and in the case of Synergy a really nice interface and user experience

eBranding.com.au likes this.
  16. helloworld

Thanks for you input. Has nothing to do with the thread,

17. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I've had the same experience with VentraIP support just not reading the support tickets and sending back canned responses.
    That said, Synergy Wholesale have been great with the support and the service there for me has been top notch.