What's new

Ventra Ip Any good??

James

Top Contributor
Hi all,

I have seen some people talking up this company -

http://www.ventraip.com.au/

I want to hand reg 3 domains, maby even test out some AU hosting, I was going to register them on drop but then I see they charge DOUBLE this company WTF!!

But a buddy at work said he had heard bad things about Ventaip, since they were taken over or something??? Do not know how legit his source was..

Are they ok, sustainable, not going to fold and make me loose my domains ect ect

Let me know,

Thanks

Jamie.

Nova

Top Contributor
You're friend was talking s*** basically.

VentraIP (formerly known as Cove and IntraIP) provide a great service from my experience. They're an auDA accredited registrar (only recent), have some seriously good pricing and the support I've dealt with has been great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was going to register them on drop but then I see they charge DOUBLE this company WTF!!
Yeah drop isn't the best place to register domains.

I must admit it bugs me a great deal when I catch domains on drop and need to pay a reg fee that is so often substantially more than the bid price paid at the auction.

I'm actually finding more and more often that if there are domains that I'd like to buy but they have yet to receive a bid in the auction I just watch them until the last moments of the auction to make sure no one bids. Then when they expire I go and register them on another registrar. And I know I'm not the only person doing this because often people beat me to registering them after they have expired.

But a buddy at work said he had heard bad things about Ventaip, since they were taken over or something??? Do not know how legit his source was..
All I know is they offer some of the most competitive prices in the industry - especially if you plan to resell your domains. I think they have the cheapest transfer fees that I know of.

VentraIP

Top Contributor
Hi Jamie,

I could tell you how good we are, but I think I'd be pretty bias. :)

Let me try and put your mind at ease but telling you a couple of things about the business (and myself) that your friend may not be aware of:

1. I've been involved with this business from the very beginning, initially as a General Manager before being given first right of refusal when the then owner wanted to sell up.

2. I (and my business partners) formed a new company and took over in July 2009. It took us a while to change from the COVE branding because the name we initially chose, IntraIP, got some feathers ruffled with another provider who thinks their name is similar. We agreed to disagree and since we hadn't used the name, we came up with a new name, VentraIP.

3. We've spent the last twelve months becoming accredited with many registries, including auDA, Nominet, and doMEen, while still having others in the pipeline including DNC (.nz), ICANN, .FM and many others.

4. Our customer service and support has improved ten-fold since we took over. We have streamlined the business to the point where we have probably the lowest staff-to-customer ratio in the industry, and we do that by having built intelligent systems that allow our customers to take control of their services and do (almost) everything for themselves.

5. And then for some stats. We are almost at the 20,000 customer mark, we own all of our own hardware outright (networking equipment, servers, cables, you name it), we have our own IPv4/IPv6 networks in Sydney and Melbourne with a PoP in Los Angeles currently under construction.

What you may hear around the place is simply from people who don't like me personally. There are a handful of people who don't like me because I'm young and successful, there are some people that I've pissed off over the years (tell me anybody who is in business that hasn't ruffled some feathers, I can assure you not everybody likes Richard Branson!), but above it all I keep things very honest (sometimes too honest) and I love what I do, day in, day out.

I have a great passion for this industry, and have done for over a decade now.

I can carry on all day if you want, at the end of the day it's your decision to make. I don't tell anybody that they HAVE to buy from my company, I only ask people to see if what we're offering is what they want, and so far after 3 years and nearly 20,000 customers, it seems to be something a lot of people want and have stuck with.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Regards,

Cheyne

Timmy

Banned
Hi Jamie,

I could tell you how good we are, but I think I'd be pretty bias. :)

Let me try and put your mind at ease but telling you a couple of things about the business (and myself) that your friend may not be aware of:

1. I've been involved with this business from the very beginning, initially as a General Manager before being given first right of refusal when the then owner wanted to sell up.

2. I (and my business partners) formed a new company and took over in July 2009. It took us a while to change from the COVE branding because the name we initially chose, IntraIP, got some feathers ruffled with another provider who thinks their name is similar. We agreed to disagree and since we hadn't used the name, we came up with a new name, VentraIP.

3. We've spent the last twelve months becoming accredited with many registries, including auDA, Nominet, and doMEen, while still having others in the pipeline including DNC (.nz), ICANN, .FM and many others.

4. Our customer service and support has improved ten-fold since we took over. We have streamlined the business to the point where we have probably the lowest staff-to-customer ratio in the industry, and we do that by having built intelligent systems that allow our customers to take control of their services and do (almost) everything for themselves.

5. And then for some stats. We are almost at the 20,000 customer mark, we own all of our own hardware outright (networking equipment, servers, cables, you name it), we have our own IPv4/IPv6 networks in Sydney and Melbourne with a PoP in Los Angeles currently under construction.

What you may hear around the place is simply from people who don't like me personally. There are a handful of people who don't like me because I'm young and successful, there are some people that I've pissed off over the years (tell me anybody who is in business that hasn't ruffled some feathers, I can assure you not everybody likes Richard Branson!), but above it all I keep things very honest (sometimes too honest) and I love what I do, day in, day out.

I have a great passion for this industry, and have done for over a decade now.

I can carry on all day if you want, at the end of the day it's your decision to make. I don't tell anybody that they HAVE to buy from my company, I only ask people to see if what we're offering is what they want, and so far after 3 years and nearly 20,000 customers, it seems to be something a lot of people want and have stuck with.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Regards,

Cheyne

Good response.

soj

Founder
I got some hosting with VentraIP when someone had posted a discount code for a sale they were having a month or so ago. Has been very impressive so far, and pretty good value.

Also another thing to note James, I wouldn't allow anyone to advertise on DN Trade unless I actually know how good their product is by using it myself.

James

Top Contributor
Interesting, so I purchased 3 domains last night and 6 months hosting...Now I have to wait for some one to approve the order..

Sorry I am too use to the US companies lol

WG2010

Archived Member
Approve the order? I've never had that experience. It goes through automatically. Maybe it's like that the first time you register but I can't remember.

VentraIP is awesome. Been using them for a year now and I don't know any other hosting company like them. Your buddy is smoking crack btw

James

Top Contributor
All good every thing seems to be working sweet now =)

I currently use about 6 different hosting companies across 60 + websites so lets see how these guys stack up with the US big boys...

Last edited:

VentraIP

Top Contributor
We add that line in because sometimes the automatic process fails. :)

You should have got your welcome email a few seconds after the order confirmation email. Let me know if you didn't.

James

Top Contributor
We add that line in because sometimes the automatic process fails. :)

You should have got your welcome email a few seconds after the order confirmation email. Let me know if you didn't.

Nah I never got a welcome email, just a email about the order been placed...

VentraIP

Top Contributor
When you signed up, you would have given us a password.

Use that password and your registered email address and login to https://vip.ventraip.com.au and if you click Account Emails you will see the emails we've sent.

You can resend the welcome email too.

Check your spam folder for the emails as sometimes they get stuck in there.

Any problems let me know. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member