1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of fridges.com.au vs fridges.com

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Horshack, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Horshack

Horshack Membership: Community

I saw that fridges.com sold for $20,089 US dollars at namejet a few days ago. Although it's hard to compare I usually say our .com.au names are worth around 10% of the .com equivalent and yet I see fridges.com.au sold for a similar value in 2011 and is listed on Netfleet for $45000. So do others think that it is listed too high or was the .com a bargain?

2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

One word plural names have slumped in price, the SEO value is far diminished. This started with the 2012 Google changes. Fridges.com would have been worth many times that in 2011.

Added to that a large fall in .com.au generally.

3. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    in the 8 years i have been on dnt the logic hasn't changed to this type of domain pricing except that the EMD benefit has gone.
    so now it is pushed to branding which is the same explanation as 8 years ago .......$$$$$$$$$

having said that it is true that branding a EMD is easier then branding a non EMD eg: insurance v YOUII
    so it has value, if you invest in marketing it.
    the rewards WILL NOT come just from the name.

Rhythm likes this.
  4. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I think the EMD benefit started well before 2010 (8 years), maybe even started in the mid 90s with the early search engines.

5. Data Glasses

Data Glasses Membership: VIP

Price seems really for an appliance every home needs

6. Data Glasses

Data Glasses Membership: VIP

Price seems really for an appliance every home needs