helloworld

Top Contributor
I love getting free shit. It's standard for PR in some industries i.e. reviews

In fact, got some headphones I need to pick up from the Po Box

James

Top Contributor
I love getting free shit. It's standard for PR in some industries i.e. reviews

In fact, got some headphones I need to pick up from the Po Box

Yeah people like it, but the thing for brands you need to be more actionable and track what you are getting from it.

helloworld

Top Contributor
I agree. But from a publishing perspective, free shit it good. Plus since SEO is my day job, I can pass them some quality juice (and let them know) but I agree with what you're saying

findtim

Top Contributor
that's great james, whats missing from your end results , links, twitter = etc is the human side of it.

those people remember YOU, and that can turn into FAR more then the odd link.

tim

James

Top Contributor
that's great james, whats missing from your end results , links, twitter = etc is the human side of it.

those people remember YOU, and that can turn into FAR more then the odd link.

tim

Yeah good point, some of the people I have sent the goodies to already reached out and are looking to do promo work ect..

findtim

Top Contributor
really GREAT idea, I contacted one of my clients who is always looking for something different to promote his business, I know its not just the website I built him or the ideas I have given him but his business is growing @ 20% p/a

when he bought the business he asked me for an idea on SEO, and I told him to do fridge magnets instead....... well sales boomed !!!

the next year he said "what now" and I said "engraved pens" personally sent to his top clients BUT make sure you actually sign the letter in a different colour.

......sales went boom !

this year .......... well thanks to james I rang my client and we are going to do something different as its now 5/12/13 so to late for xmas, so the plan is to do James's usb idea BRANDED with my clients logo and send it delivered 1/2/14 with a "welcome to the new year... yadda yadda.... " letter.

my client is excited and its this kind of cross knowledge that I love about dnt.

tim

think win win

edit: opps sorry: meant to mention that some of his clients are BIG in his location and are now linking back to him as there preferred suppliers , I suppose that was an really important point to make :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo