What's new

US DOJ takes poker domains

djuqa

Top Contributor
Re-read the Article!
The government didn't seize the domains.
They indicted the Companies running the sites for a MAJOR Fraud and Illegal gambling Bust.

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Sorry, Mr Bahr.
Yes there is now a Seizure notice up on url
They will beat the rap however.

Last edited:

payattention

Archived Member
Because your dns has yet to be refreshed. Can an admin please delete or moderate the posts made by djuqa, detracts from what is going on.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Thats massive news. Those sites where the biggest on earth. They ran huge advertising campaigns in Australia also

DomainNames

Top Contributor
They might be smarter than that. If you have an account and cookies it seems to still be redirecting you to another domain extension using the software you download to play.

Recommend all pull their money out now but if they have any in there

James

Top Contributor
Thats massive news. Those sites where the biggest on earth. They ran huge advertising campaigns in Australia also

But not the biggest listed poker company ;)

" Bwin.party digital (BPTY.L), the world's biggest listed online gaming company"

the_other_james

Without taking away from the "domain swipe" that Jonathan has pointed out (good find) it's not a clear cut case of "big brother taking a domain name" like a few of the State cases in the U.S.

I am quite sure that the FBI has substantial evidence supporting their case as James pointed out (great find) regarding charges. The domain name was an asset in the ability to commit the alleged criminal acts and therefore can be just like a bank account or any other asset acquired by the charged parties involved.

If found innocent, then the U.S. Gov would have a MASSIVE debt about the size of the one that Obama is currently putting them under with the spend he's put on since in office after having to pay damages to the websites for lost revenue and potential earnings etc.

James

Top Contributor
Without taking away from the "domain swipe" that Jonathan has pointed out (good find) it's not a clear cut case of "big brother taking a domain name" like a few of the State cases in the U.S.

I am quite sure that the FBI has substantial evidence supporting their case as James pointed out (great find) regarding charges. The domain name was an asset in the ability to commit the alleged criminal acts and therefore can be just like a bank account or any other asset acquired by the charged parties involved.

If found innocent, then the U.S. Gov would have a MASSIVE debt about the size of the one that Obama is currently putting them under with the spend he's put on since in office after having to pay damages to the websites for lost revenue and potential earnings etc.

Yeah if you read all the articles online they have been up to some suspicious activity, they were blocked by all the big banks in the US so what they did was go and approach smaller banks and offer to invest in them at huge amounts say 30% of the business value so put 10 million bucks in the bank so they could accept the payments and do business via these small banks.

I think they must have been tracking them for ages too, I don't think it is a case of the domains been taken down willy nilly.

cherrytron

Top Contributor
It's all Tzvetkoff related. (I reckon)

When you give the man that knows everything about your business over to the FBI, you gotta expect him to squeal like a school girl with a skinned knee. Realistically, they've got no one to blame but themselves. They're calling this "Black Friday" for online poker, I think it is a bigger event than the intro of UIGEA itself back in '06.

Sad day, I can't wait for "The Downfall" video. Lol.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
apparently they will be closing them all down, then allowing it in the usa again by " licensing " them and taxing online gaming.

Its all about tax revenue. Thats all they want the tax income coming in.. typical government..

Im sure our government in Australia is watching this carefully to0 gain ideas how to tax aussies more from their gaming

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Its all about tax revenue. Thats all they want the tax income coming in.. typical government..
I think this case is more about tax evasion.

;)

I'm not saying government don't look out for number one first, but if they don't put these guys away then all of us that make a living online will stop declaring it (and don't tell me it hasn't crossed your mind).

:rolleyes:

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm surprised he hasn't been "taken out"! Loose lips and all that.

It happens all the time in the movies and on TV. ;) "Damages" was a great show - had bent Cops knocking off blabbermouths.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo