1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Universal Tracking & Remarketing Lists

Discussion in 'SEO & SEM Discussions' started by petermeadit, Mar 6, 2014.

1. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Just a bit of a heads up for all those on the forum so you don't fall into the same trap.

Google Analytics is pushing everyone to upgrade to the new Universal tracking. It sounds great however...

AdSense, DoubleClick, Content Experiments, and Remarketing integration aren’t supported in UA.

If you implement UA on your site at this stage, and want to start any Remarketing list in Analytics you will need to create a new property using the Classic tracking which essentially means starting over again.

This surprised me because there is such a big push for everyone to upgrade to the new Universal tracking code.

HTH and Cheers.

2. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    thanks for that info, i actually have some of that planned for next week so i will feed that onto my guys to make sure they know

tim

3. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community

Since when did Google become the masters of the web? :(

4. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Also met with a Goolge Adwords representative in a cafe business meeting and raised this issue, he assured me it was possible to have Remarketing Lists with UA.

The flux capacitor might need a tune up, because it all seems to be happening at some future time.