What's new

Unique visits on Parking Crew account

Horshack

Top Contributor
Hopefully this is not a stupid question but I'm curious about something. If someone is just checking the whois for your domain name or perhaps even just using the AUDA priority tool does that somehow register as a unique visitor to your domain on your Parking Crew account or do they have to physically visit the landing page. I've just been seeing some unusual traffic across a few domain names so I was just wondering as I'm not sure how these things work.

Kyle-K

If someone is just checking the whois for your domain name or perhaps even just using the AUDA priority tool does that somehow register as a unique visitor to your domain on your Parking Crew account or do they have to physically visit the landing page.
Shouldn't be hitting your landing page statistics at all. That's a database that's non-connected to your website.

I've seen some registrars offer whois analytics but they're normally separate and I don't think I've seen anyone do it in the.au space don't even know if it's technically possible.

I've just been seeing some unusual traffic across a few domain names so I was just wondering as I'm not sure how these things work.
Presumably if you believe people are looking it up with the priority tool it's safe to also presume that they may visit it as well.

trellian

Top Contributor
What type of unusual traffic? BOTs, or a spike in traffic?

Whois and auda tools definitely do not hit your site and would not be counted in your traffic stats.

Horshack

Top Contributor
Just a spike in traffic but seems to be related to my contested domains so curious if someone checking whois/priority tool registers as a visitor.

Kyle-K

Yeah definitely doesn't however as I stated if they're checking the tool they're probably checking the websites related to domains that have applied.

trellian

Top Contributor
Maybe they are also checking out your sites to see if they can lodge a warranty check with the registrar.

Kyle-K

Maybe they are also checking out your sites to see if they can lodge a warranty check with the registrar.
Doubt it most normal people don't even know they can do this and most people don't even know the actual policies that govern the name space.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member