1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unintended Consequences As Aus Registry Study Turns Into Story

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by Rhythm, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP

2. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    yeh right........... just ask my client that has come crawling back last month when facebook wiped her fan page for a minor mistake and they won't reply to her !

so a year ago she says "oh no tim, i'm using facebook now and running it through ebay, its great " and now her income has gone to zero overnight.

if you don't own your domain you own nothing.

don't ask me what happened as I didn't get to that, I said i'd charge by the hour and didn't know how much effort it would take and she didn't like that, she felt for some reason I should just go fix it !!!!!

tim

3. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

The problem with this study was that it interviewed "people" rather than "businesses".

If I didn't have businesses I wouldn't have a website either - but until Google decides that sending people to Facebook and tumblr pages makes more sense than domains/websites there will be demand for domains.

4. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    yes, its the kind of crap we have to deal with at bbq's when someone says " did you read that article about domain names are.........................."

I love to stand and listen ( yes I can listen) until they are all done and then start with "well that's not true............."

:D
    tim

5. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

what was the mistake?

6. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    sending excessive friend requests, I think she thought "going viral" meant paying someone on fiverr to get her 10, 000 friends?

tim

7. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

"A discrepancy exists in the uptake of domain names between genders, with males almost twice as likely to own a domain name compared to females."

//////////////

Research has also found a discrepancy in the beauty product market with females 15 times more likely to but lipstick than males.

3 people like this.
  8. atom

atom Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    It also raises the issue of what people use for their business email address. Gmail? Not a good look...

9. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    don't get me started on that one AHHHHH.

but businesses using gmail is a great way for their domain name to drop :rolleyes:

tim