What's new

Under Construction

johno69

Top Contributor
When working with WP I much prefer to use a "Coming Soon" plugin over a theme. Effectively it looks the same in the front end to the users, but to admin it's a whole different story.

You can still work with the theme you want and see your site as it will appear when you set it live.

Some nice plugins on that list too.

snoopy

Top Contributor
If it is a web design job for a client and they ask for a coming soon page I ask understand it. But if people are putting these up on their own sites the big question is "why?". Usually when these goes up nothing else happens.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
If it is a web design job for a client and they ask for a coming soon page I ask understand it. But if people are putting these up on their own sites the big question is "why?". Usually when these goes up nothing else happens.

You can build a the start of a reasonable mailing list from a simple coming soon page on a good domain. I put one up 6 months ago and there's already over 100 subscribers with no other work or marketing done

DavidL

Top Contributor
You can build a the start of a reasonable mailing list from a simple coming soon page on a good domain. I put one up 6 months ago and there's already over 100 subscribers with no other work or marketing done

Yeah it's amazing how people are so willing to put their contact details in things like this. I've got this website - http://hairdressing.com.au/ with a newsletter signup on the RHS and hundreds, possibly thousands have signed up to it despite not having any idea what it might entail.

johno69

Top Contributor
Ash, with a theme, how do you know what the site will look like with the theme you want when you go live?

I think a coming soon theme is suitable for people like what snoopy said, with no real intention to make a site.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member