What's new

uber menu

findtim

Top Contributor
this uber menu is just not working for me, can someone just go here and see if its me or the menu, it disappears as i try to go to the drop down !

http://www.fixitnowqld.com.au/

scroll over "services" then try to get to one of the drop items, i'm sure its just a pixel setting on the margins but can't find it.

tim

Mat

in IE 9/10 it doesn't work. It keeps disappearing every time my mouse moves away from "Services". In Chrome, it works perfectly. Hope that helps.

Mat

This may interest you. On the home page (IE 9/10), I clicked on "services". When the Services page loaded completely, I am now able to use the entire menu/drop down menu correctly.

Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with the slideshow and it's menu? Perhaps the priority is given to that instead of your uber menu? Just an idea, I haven't looked at any code.

pacifier

Nice website. The problem seems to be only on the home page. I suspect that it is something to do with the slideshow. Perhaps try setting z-index on the sub menu. Footer doesn't look good either.

Fix it Now

this uber menu is just not working for me, can someone just go here and see if its me or the menu, it disappears as i try to go to the drop down !

http://www.fixitnowqld.com.au/

scroll over "services" then try to get to one of the drop items, i'm sure its just a pixel setting on the margins but can't find it.

tim

Last edited:

johno69

Top Contributor
remove this from your custom css

Code:
.home #megaMenu li ul.sub-menu {
    margin-top: 5px !important;
}

The 5px are pushing it down and giving you the gap where you lose contact.

Set it to 0px, or remove it should work.

Mat

Perhaps try setting z-index on the sub menu.

This was my thought also - z-index
The uber menu has values 100-600.
The carousel has values of 10000+

In my understanding the carousel takes preferences here with those values.
This is where i would start looking, but i'm sure someone will chip in with a better reason. :)

johno69

Top Contributor
z-index is fine or it would be hidden behind all the time.

Close the 5px gap and all is fixed.

findtim

Top Contributor
remove this from your custom css

Code:
.home #megaMenu li ul.sub-menu {
    margin-top: 5px !important;
}

The 5px are pushing it down and giving you the gap where you lose contact.

Set it to 0px, or remove it should work.

:D bazzinggaaa :D

thanks mate

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
just FYI, ( also in dev mode ) this is the same company and i have this carousel working the way i want it.

HTML:
http://totalfocuscleaning.com/

if you scroll over the 4 tabs on the right i think it works quite nice, if you don't scroll.... it just does it itself and its easy for the user to go to whatever they are interested in and not have to wait.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members