1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Million Units .....Ummm

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DnEbook, Dec 11, 2016.

1. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I did hear that FitBit bought Pebble out, interesting how it's all being handled.

DnEbook likes this.
  3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Not really a buyout, I think they are just buying any assets that could be worth something in a liquidation type situation. i.e. customers are out of luck.

DnEbook likes this.
  4. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    DnEbook likes this.
  5. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

When Pebble first came out I put my name down for a watch (didn't have to pay or anything at that point). If I remember rightly by the time they actually had something in production to sell I had totally lost interest. Only interested in it initially because it was a new gimmick and once that wore off I had no reason to buy one.

I tend to think the whole smartwatch industry isn't going to do well because it doesn't really offer anything new, it is just an extension of your phone, so why not just look at your phone? Probably needs to replace a phone to really go somewhere.

DnEbook and eBranding.com.au like this.
  6. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I agree. As blokes, our watch is our only real opportunity to wear something nice and shiny. Unless you're Lewis Hamilton and can pull off diamond earrings and gold chains... :p

As long as smart watches are just an extension of your phone, I can't see them replacing a nice watch. And for guys who never wore a watch in the first place, they probably still won't want to wear anything on their wrist for the same reasons.

johno69 and DnEbook like this.
  7. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

I think interactive glasses have a better future, augmented reality etc