1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Twitter for $7500

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by soj, Feb 3, 2012.

1. soj

soj Founder

2. James

James Membership: VIP

A lot of big companies go and acquire domains, I believe "Myspace" purched its domain and also "Facebook" did too.

I also love Twitter.com.au haha

3. courier

courier Membership: Community

Be interesting to see what amount of revenue twitter.com.au makes and if twitter ever approached to purchase. Love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

4. Snooks

Snooks Membership: Community

They will probably just shut it down:(

I had a teenage discussion forum www.teentwitter.net, 18 months ago Twitter sent me an email demanding i stop infringing on there name. I replied to the email and within 3 days had written documentation insisting i cease using their trademarked name blah blah blah....

Given i couldnt afford a fight i backed down and changed the name. The forum has since been sold.

Perhaps i could have fought, but who knows how far they will push it and at what cost to me:(